Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/1/2003 8:27:43 AM EDT
Has anyone tried these scopes or have an opinion/any info on them.  Cabela's markets them as their own brand, but I don't know which company actually manufactures them.  I was especially interested in the $149, 6X, Compact scope.  Thanks for any info.
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 10:14:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Complete and utter JUNK.

A buddy of mine, against my suggestions, bought one last summer for his LTR .308 for hunting deer in the coming fall.

First of all, the optics are way overpriced for what you get.

The crosshairs are huge, extrememly thick.  The scopes are designed (sort of) for hunting.  So shooting paper, it is hard to shoot accurately because of how thick those cross hairs really are.  They were the thickest SOBs I had ever seen.

Secondly, the glass.  Clarity was piss poor to say the least.  Clarity alone made him decide he had made a mistake.

Thirdly, the damn scope broke on him about the 2nd or 3rd time out to the range.  All of a sudden his shots were going everywhere.  The crosshairs were jumping around in the scope after every shot, lol,...what a piece of crap.

But, Cabelas has some of the best customer service out there.  They quickly took the scope back and refunded my buddy 100%.

My buddy then decided the little extra money was worth it, and bought a Leupold 4.5-14 M1 from Premier Reticles.  He is very happy now, and reaizes you do get what you pay for in most circumstances when it comes to optics.

edited to add: his model was the 14 or 15x version of the Alaskan series.
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 3:51:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the input.  I figured it was another, get what you pay for situation.  Does anyone have a suggestion/recommendation for an affordable compact scope?
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 3:57:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Besides, those scopes are intended for Alaskan Guides.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top