Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/29/2003 6:07:28 AM EDT
I'm thinking this scope might be neat for my AR as well as for my shotgun during deer season. Found it for $399 which seems like a good deal too. It's a little longer than I'd like at 9.3", but might be servicable. I wonder if it will fit my flattop w/o removing my ARMS BUIS?Any opinions on this? I think this scope has the same reticle as Leupold's CQB scope, which I think some of you don't care for. They also offer a few other versions with lighted crosshairs. I have very little experience with optics, so any opinions you guys can offer will be appreciated.

Thanks!

Vari-X III 1.5-5x20mm Illuminated Reticle
Matte/Illuminated Circle Dot

Link Posted: 8/29/2003 9:39:21 AM EDT
I've got the 30mm tube version..one with the duplex/ CQB -lit reticle.. Works good..optics clear..
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 11:00:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/29/2003 11:05:35 AM EDT by rlp2600]
I have the 1.5x5, 1" tube no illum. It currently sits in ARMS #22 med. rings (w/ inserts) atop a GG&G scout rail. No BUIS yet. I originally tried it on an ARMS #38EX, but I had to position both rings behind the W/E adjustments in order to clear the BUIS part of the rail. This sucked, so I sold the ARMS rail and bought the GG&G. The scout rail is a little bit longer than the #38EX, allows more fwd. mounting. With ARMS BUIS mounted, you may have to position both rings behind the windage/elev. adjustments to get it forward enough to clear. Hope this helps.
Top Top