Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/26/2003 7:41:43 PM EDT
How do you tell if the KAC mount is real or an "airsoft" type fake?
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 6:07:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 6:46:20 AM EDT
[#2]
That and the ring screws will be torx-head and need the provided wrench.
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 10:03:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Or buy it from [url=www.sr-25.com]Excalibur Arms Inc.[/url]

That's like all of those AR-180 scopes showing up on eBay.  I question their validity and wonder if they are Airsoft knock-offs.
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 2:23:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Your not gonna like this... my brothers nockoff has torx-head screws (6 of them on top 3 to a side.)

I could be wrong but I have never seen an airsoft armalite 180 and doubt they make a 180 scope.
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 8:04:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Your not gonna like this... my brothers nockoff has torx-head screws (6 of them on top 3 to a side.)
View Quote

Green0
Have you compared a real one to your brothers fake?
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 10:35:06 PM EDT
[#6]
I think the fake ones on ebay dont have KAC trademarks on them, just plain black.
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 7:40:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Just in pictures.  If yours has logos it is KAC.  But then again I have a real KAC 300mbuis that has no logos and I know it is real. Not having logos does not mean it is a fake but haveing them means it is not in this instance. I think the Military contract parts sometimes ship with no logos (like my 300m BUIS) I got it used and it was probably a military contract sight.

Very few of the Airsoft companies will take the  legal risk of putting KAC logos on their copies and in this case NO one on the market that makes a copy is putting KAC logos on it.  
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 10:06:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Very few of the Airsoft companies will take the  legal risk of putting KAC logos on their copies and in this case NO one on the market that makes a copy is putting KAC logos on it.  
View Quote

Sure, but why then do Japanese or Asian companies manufacture knock off ACOG's complete with the stamps and logos?
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 10:25:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Very few of the Airsoft companies will take the legal risk of putting KAC logos on their copies and in this case NO one on the market that makes a copy is putting KAC logos on it.
View Quote

[img]http://www.gunsnet.net/album/data/500/6766NBACCkacOFFSET-med.jpg[/img]
This pic was found on one of the airsoft website. I know its fake because they only want $45 for it.

So is there something different about the logo or the text that stands out from the real thing?
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 11:51:16 PM EDT
[#10]
If I got my recollection correct, mine has the KAC logo and their phone number on it.
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 4:56:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Very hard to tell, as the picture looks 100% correct, including the logo.
However, don't doubt for a second that these knock-off artists do not copy 101%.
For example, a Singapore outfit took very detailed photos of our RAS at a military/industry show, next thing you know, their bull-pup has a rail forend.  For example, they copied the groove addressing exactly, so their rearmost groove was numbered 14, and the next even numbered groove 16, etc.  Problem is, their gun didn't have 13 grooves on the upper receiver...da...

Also from the picture above, the half-ring spacer is something I have never seen and we (Knight's) don't make anything similar.
Also, dealer on the real bad boy is over $150.00.
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 9:52:22 AM EDT
[#12]
I double checked my brothers (my mistake) it has the lightning cut but no logo as I said before.

These guys really push the line on lawsuits for copyright stuff.
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 11:45:11 AM EDT
[#13]
OK I got my KAC mount and I believe it to be a real one as it came in a small white box with a Knight's Armament label and KAC P/N:98512 on it.

Looks good and fits perfect!
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top