Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/26/2003 6:51:41 AM EDT
OK - I have to ask this, even though I have to wait a little while to buy. What would be a good sight for my AR without breaking the bank ? The criteria include ruggedness, but not bulletproof. I've fondled the Bushnell Holosight, so I'm familiar with that kind of setup. The choices are:

OKO (with or without armored cover/mount ?)
ATN Ultrasight (pushbutton or dial switches ?)
EOTech 511 (standard reticle)

My gut instinct from reading various reviews is to get the EOTech. It's only marginally more expensive, but has the ruggedness built in. Any specific advantages/drawbacks from you guys who went through the same selection ?
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 6:59:31 AM EDT
It depends on your rifle configuration as well. Of those three, I'd DEFINATELY go with the EOTech. I have an extra 511 that's been mounted, but never used, and I'll give you a great price on it if you're interested.
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 7:07:01 AM EDT
Ditto, go w/ the EOTech. Mike
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 12:09:56 PM EDT
If he does not want it I may be interested. PM me the details if your interested...
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 2:26:43 PM EDT
EOTech or a used Aimpoint CompML. No other choices IMO.
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 2:28:48 PM EDT
EoTECH
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 2:50:33 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 5:51:29 PM EDT
Originally Posted By C4iGrant: Is this a trick question????
View Quote
It didn't start out that way, but it's quickly heading in that direction. For the price difference, the EOTech seems to be the logical choice. Sorry I asked. [;)]
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 8:10:03 PM EDT
Similar question guys.... I'm debating between the EOTech and the AIMPOINT. The rifle I'm building is a 16" RRA Midlength, and it will not be used for longranges. Hell the longest possible place I have to shoot is only about 400 yds. I have a precision bolt gun already, this will be my close range weapon. It seems that the EOTech would provide a better field of view. Thoughts and opinions are welcome
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 8:48:07 PM EDT
Originally Posted By BDHershey: Similar question guys.... I'm debating between the EOTech and the AIMPOINT. The rifle I'm building is a 16" RRA Midlength, and it will not be used for longranges. Hell the longest possible place I have to shoot is only about 400 yds. I have a precision bolt gun already, this will be my close range weapon. It seems that the EOTech would provide a better field of view. Thoughts and opinions are welcome
View Quote
That really comes down to personal preference. Both sights are top notch and neither one is better than the other. it depends on how well one works for you. That's probably not the answer you wanted, but there has been a lot of debate over this in the past and that seems to be the conclusion that everyone has come to. If you are able, try both. The EOTech does have a better FOV, IMHO. The large outer rig is also faster for me at close engagment distances. A lot of high speed guys have been using the EOTech more and more. It is new technology and is already making a great impression in the shooting world. The Aimpoint is a classic and people who prefer the tube optic or the traditional red dot will prefer the Aimpoint. Personally, i prefer the EOTech over the Aimpoint, but that's just me.
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 8:49:58 PM EDT
Originally Posted By BDHershey: Similar question guys.... I'm debating between the EOTech and the AIMPOINT. The rifle I'm building is a 16" RRA Midlength, and it will not be used for longranges. Hell the longest possible place I have to shoot is only about 400 yds. I have a precision bolt gun already, this will be my close range weapon. It seems that the EOTech would provide a better field of view. Thoughts and opinions are welcome
View Quote
That really comes down to personal preference. Both sights are top notch and neither one is better than the other. it depends on how well one works for you. That's probably not the answer you wanted, but there has been a lot of debate over this in the past and that seems to be the conclusion that everyone has come to. If you are able, try both. The EOTech does have a better FOV, IMHO. The large outer rig is also faster for me at close engagment distances. The smaller center dot is good for distance shots. For me, it is the best of both worlds. A lot of high speed guys have been using the EOTech more and more. It is new technology and is already making a great impression in the shooting world. The Aimpoint is a classic and people who prefer a tube optic or the traditional red dot will prefer the Aimpoint. Personally, I prefer the EOTech over the Aimpoint, but that's just me. Past 150 or 200 yards, you might want to consifer an ACOG, though.
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 9:15:07 PM EDT
I have an EOTech. I love it. Bought it from C4 (above). Highly recommend both.
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 2:46:17 AM EDT
Get the EO TECH...you will not be dissappointed in any way, shape or form [:D]
Top Top