Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/25/2003 6:05:09 AM EDT
I am looking for a 1st gen NV scope for a .22 rifle for backyard pest control and navigation around my yard. Shots would be under 30 Yds and viewing would be under 75 yds. I have been looking at 2 models. The ATN 390 Palladin and the US night vision USNV-141. They are almost identicle in price. I would like to hear some comments from owners or RKI on which is better? TIA
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 8:13:01 AM EDT
my first nv scope was a usnv 141 and i loved it until i started looking through gen3 units BUT it was a great scope. i had it mounted to a ARMS 19 throw lever on a AR15 flat top and it held zero out to 100 yards every time. the IR illuminator was strong enough to shoot out to 100 yards when the moon was not out also. as long as there was at least 1/4 moon high in the sky there was no need for the IR. i know the IR can be seen by critters and it can spook them but if your quick it may not matter! the only reason i sold it was to move on to gen2 and then gen3. the image quality was good and very few black spots. over all i felt like it was a quality unit. nothing ever failed in the 18 months that i owned it.
Top Top