Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2003 5:57:27 AM EDT
JP Enterprises came out just recently with a new quick acquisision sight. It mounts on a picatinny rail system and can be mounted on a quad rail set. They are made for tactical use and competition use.

The sight is about 6" long and mounts towards the end of the free float tube.....acts a lot like a scout sight. When used on the JP Modular hand guard system this sight sits off at a 45 degree angle. (off the right for right handed shooters, off to the left for left hand shooters)

This sight has had some rave reviews from allot of competitors, police and military personnel.

For tactical use, this is a very quick back up sight for optics, enabling the user to use a 4X on the flat top and for close quarter targets a flip of the rifle to 45 degrees allows the use of these sights with out removing the scope......actually very comfortable and very fast.  Also, there is no need to look through a scope to see you sights. This may not be a be advantage for single power scopes......but for scopes with magnification....this is a HUGE time savings.

For 3 gun competition, this sight system allows you use your precision sights for long distance targets and again, a quick flip allows you acquire and achieve 'A' zone hits out to 25 yards or more. Legal for USPSA standard rifle and 3 gun tactical divisions.

This sight could also be mounted on a flat top as well......as an emergency sight system.

This sight is so new that it is not yet up on the www.jprifles.com web site.

If anyone is interested in pictures of this sight......email me and I can send you a picture.
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 8:28:30 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a docter optics red dot on top of my ACOG -- sounds kinda like the same concept.  Ought to work great.
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 9:08:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes.....close....except....this is on the side, same height as normal sights, no batteries.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top