Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/21/2003 9:25:21 PM EDT
Well not yet, but if a bunch of us E-mail ARMS www.armsmounts.com/email.html & tell them that there is a healthy market for a spacer for use with the #19S ARMS mount & compact ACOGs', they just might make one!

I envision a sort of "reverse cantilever" spacer that will not only elevate the compact ACOG, but that will actually move it slightly rearward (and over a #40 BUIS) in order to compensate for the scope's short eye relief.

For many of us, full size ACOGs' are neither needed, nor desired. The compact scopes fill a real niche for carbines & rifles that are intended to be 300 meter max. weapons, yet finding a suitable mounting solution for flat top ARs' is next to impossible.

ARMS #19S directly on a receiver mounts the scope too low. #19S on a #38 rail is too high. Trijicon TA60 mount lacks throw levers & does not work well in conjunction with a BUIS. A spacer for the #19S is the best of all worlds!

C'mon guys... you know you want one!  

Drop ARMS an E-mail & tell them to make it so!!!        
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 9:38:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I envision a sort of "reverse cantilever" spacer that will not only elevate the compact ACOG, but that will actually move it slightly rearward (and over a #40 BUIS) in order to compensate for the scope's short eye relief.
View Quote

A fine idea, that would be good to see. But if it is a cantilever, make it work so it can be mounted forward or reverse. Only the 3x Comp ACOGs have short eye relief. All the others actually have pretty generous eye relief.
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 7:14:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Good idea bump! [bounce]
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 7:28:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Email sent!
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 4:44:01 AM EDT
[#4]
At this point, I'd really just like them to get around to updating their website.  That way we'd know if that already existed.
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 8:38:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Techbrute, I've been in contact with ARMS about this topic, and they most assuredly don't make such a spacer at this time.

They did leave their response somewhat open ended however, which leads me to believe it is something that they would consider making IF enough interest was shown!

Hence, this thread...  
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 10:37:48 AM EDT
[#6]
In absence of ARMS doing anything, are there any good machinists or entrepenuers on this board willing to step up and make such a thing?  This extension does not look too difficult to make.

I don't own a compact ACOG, but plan on trying one out down the road on a flattop carbine.  Don't really care for the TA-60 mount and favor the 19S.  For now, I'll stick to my Aimpoints.
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 12:17:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Anyone get a reply yet???

I'm still waiting...
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top