Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/19/2003 5:51:21 PM EDT
What mount should I use to mount a ACOG TA01 onto a ARMS #50 bilevel, I also have a #40 and want the mount/scope right ahead of the #40 flip up.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 8:22:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Trijicons TA51 mount or ARMS #19s mount will do what you need. TA51 will sit a little lower, is not as expensive but has thumb screw mounts. The ARMS #19s wi more expensive, will sit slightly higher, but has the prooven throw lever design which is very quick and conveinient.
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 10:09:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a TA-11 on an ARMS #50. I just ordered a #40 BUIS for it. I have my ACOG mounted with one of the older ARMS #19. I have not had any problems with this mount and my scope has always returned to zero after removal. If I were to buy a mount for my ACOG I would get the #19S. It is the best available today.

Here is a pic of my rifle as it is now without the #40.
[img]http://www.hunt101.com/img/054105.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 3:12:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Will the reticle/BDC clear the front sight with the 19S?
Nice rifle! and thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 4:20:57 AM EDT
[#4]
You dont need/want it to clear the front sight. The front sight will be nothing more than a hardly visible slight blur in the very bottom of the optic that you wont even see unless you try to look for it.
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 5:04:18 AM EDT
[#5]
newarguy, thanks for the info, I just wanted to make sure if I bought the ARMS 19 that the front sight wouldn't get in the way of the sight picture.

Sounds like it won't, thanks!
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top