Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/10/2003 6:26:33 PM EDT
Was thinking of getting one.  They look to be good quality and lock in place very tight from what I can tell.  I have an ARMS #40, but when flipped up it can still move forward some, so that makes me think it will not repeat zero too well. Probably good enough for govt work though.  Pros or cons to this sight let me know.
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 6:48:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Both are very good sights. Both have two dif. purposes, the 600 meter is best at precision long range and the #40 at QCB. The spring you feel in the #40 is what gives it it's repeat zero and also protects it to continue on being reliable.
Good shootin, Jack
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 6:54:03 PM EDT
[#2]
I really don't see any need for a 600m buis.  Back up sight is just that, a device for emergency.  ARMS#40 is the best BUIS ever designed.  if you want a KAC product, the 3090m is a better choice.  I have a 300m, toss the plastic insert for the 300m peep, and use it as a ghost ring.
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 11:10:39 PM EDT
[#3]
I have never used the KAC 600m sight, but I do have several KAC 300m sights, and they are great; I love them. I agree with SMGLee, I don't see a need for the 600m BUIS. I once tried the ARMS #40. It's a good BUIS, but I still like the KAC 300m better. I guess it's a personal preference. You will be happy with either one. They are great sights, and both will endure a lifetime of abuse.

Steve.
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 6:53:33 AM EDT
[#4]
3rdtk, is it normal for the arms to still be able to move forward a bit after flipping it up?  It almost seems as if th espring isn't quite strong enough in mine to push it all the way forward and hold it tight.
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 4:57:17 PM EDT
[#5]
I dunno.  I like the windage adjustability of the KAC 600m.  Granted, the smaller peep hole isn't the best for speed for CQB, but I've always shot with the smaller apeture on my A2 sights.  With a shorter stock, and your nose up to the charging handle I find the smaller apeture large enough and the larger apeture of the A2 sight too large.  I guess it's just what I was used to shooting.
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 5:59:52 PM EDT
[#6]
On my 14.5" I have a KAC 300m BUIS, and on my 20" I have a KAC 600m...300m model for short range and 600m for a more capable gun...
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 9:07:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Same here.  I use the 600m sight as a backup on my SPR because that rifle is intended to be shooting at long distance, so if the scope failed, you have a back up iron sight suitable to continue long range work.  I wouldn't use it on anything else, except another long range precision rifle, and definetly not on any rifle intended for under 300m or CQB.  Everything has it's place.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top