Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/9/2003 4:25:53 PM EDT
Fellas,

I want to buy an Eo Tech (551 oe 552) for my RRA Entry Tactical. The concern, I have is mounting on the tactical carry handle. I guess I could remove it, but this will leave me with no back-up sights unless I use some flip up sights. I havn't ordered it yet, and would like some advice...please help.

Link Posted: 8/9/2003 4:32:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Here's a couple of options:
[img]http://www.eotech-inc.com/images/tacmount2.gif[/img]

[img]http://www.eotech-inc.com/images/tacmount1.gif[/img]

If I were you, I'd ditch the carry handle and get a back up iron sight (BUIS) to use w/ your EO TECH. Mount the EO directly to the flattop and put your buis behind it.
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 4:59:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep, I would remove the carry handle and get a BUIS then mount the eotech on the flat top, or chop the carry handle back to just use the sight portion.
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 6:46:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Any concern/problem with the ARMS 40 in terms of elevation zero due to their windage adjustment only?
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 7:11:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Weatherby, elevation zero can be adjusted by moving the front sight up or down.
There's a spring loaded detent that can be depressed to allow the front sight to be raised or lowered.
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 10:50:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Weatherby,

I have an Armalite A4T carbine with an EO Tech and ARMS 40 mounted directly to the flat top. Up front on the gas block I have an Armalite removable front sight (I will be getting a flip up front sight soon). IMHO this is a really good way to go if you have a flat top and an EO Tech, and are primarily using your AR for extremely CQB. With the ARMS 40 deployed, co-witnessing (for me, anyway) is perfect.  I tried the EO with a carry handle mount and while usable, I was never really comfortable with the cheek weld. It was more like a bad chin weld. The ARMS 40 does not have an elevation adjustment, but in CQB, you wouldn't need to adjust elevation, nor would you have time to. As JayCeeNC said, you can use the front sight for elevation adjustment.
I just wish I would have figured this all out BEFORE I bought all the other mounts and rails!
Good luck!
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 2:05:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Fellas,

I want to buy an Eo Tech (551 oe 552) for my RRA Entry Tactical. The concern, I have is mounting on the tactical carry handle. I guess I could remove it, but this will leave me with no back-up sights unless I use some flip up sights. I havn't ordered it yet, and would like some advice...please help.

View Quote

Weatherby,

If you plan on ordering the RRA M4 tactical, I would highly suggest you order it with the standard detachable carrying handle.  the Tactical carrying handle is pretty much useless for anything but an Aimpoint.

If you opt for the standard detachable carrying handle, you can cut the carrying handle and turn it into a rear sight which will still give you the rail necessary to mount your EOTech.  This is an sound option which give you a iron sight with elevation adjustment and ruggness which will pretty much withsatnd any abuse you can throw at it.  Another good thing from cutting the carry handle is you open up the sight so now it is a super fast ghost ring. the first time I cut a handle, I was surprise at how much faster I can poick up targets with the new configuration.  something to think about.

This is part of your gun's option so you don't have to spend extra for BUIS, although if you have the cash, the ARMS #40 is the best BUIS on the market.

[img]http://www.thermaldynamics.com/pictures/guns/buis2.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 2:57:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Mucho Wisdom from Mr. Lee.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top