Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 8/4/2003 4:33:03 PM EDT
Could someone (SMGLee? give me an idea of how long the EOTech will stay on before the auto-off feature shuts it off? This is just one of my dilemas in trying to decide between the EOTech and the Aimpoint.
Thanks, Harry
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 4:48:15 PM EDT
Auto Shutdown: At 8 hours – programmable to 4 hours
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 4:57:27 PM EDT
Yup...bvmjethead hit it on the head [;)] I have a habit of NOT forgetting to turn it off...nice feature to have though. I always check it when I clear the weapon and make it safe for transport.
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 5:18:04 PM EDT
Basically if you turn it on using the brightness down button it will shut off in 4 hours and if you turn it on using the brightness up button it will shutdown in 8 hours. I would be nice to have a constant on button.[:\]
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 5:21:26 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Yojimbo: I would be nice to have a constant on button.[:\]
View Quote
It only will shut off if you have not cycled the brightness control for the duration of either four or eight hours. It is almost impossible to have the unit shut off during field excerise, since you will be adjusting the brightness at least a couple of times during the period. I always turn it on by the brightness down button, the four hours auto shut off is more then enough for me. because I adjust the setting from time to time, the four hours just save more batteries if I did forget to turn it off.
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 7:53:44 PM EDT
Does this feature include the 502?
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 9:28:05 PM EDT
Nope. non programmable auto shut off at 8 hours for the 502
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 4:09:58 AM EDT
Thanks guys, excellent news - the 4 or 8 hours is longer than I had expected to hear.
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 5:53:31 AM EDT
Originally Posted By SMGLee:
Originally Posted By Yojimbo: I would be nice to have a constant on button.[:\]
View Quote
It only will shut off if you have not cycled the brightness control for the duration of either four or eight hours. It is almost impossible to have the unit shut off during field excerise, since you will be adjusting the brightness at least a couple of times during the period. I always turn it on by the brightness down button, the four hours auto shut off is more then enough for me. because I adjust the setting from time to time, the four hours just save more batteries if I did forget to turn it off.
View Quote
Chen, Thanks for that bit of info! I learn something new everyday![:D]
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 6:32:48 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Yojimbo: Basically if you turn it on using the brightness down button it will shut off in 4 hours and if you turn it on using the brightness up button it will shutdown in 8 hours. [:\]
View Quote
Great information like this is why I read this forum!
Top Top