Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/4/2003 11:54:33 AM EDT
I'm posting this so that other members can benefit from my mistakes.

Just went through my third Tasco World Class scope going bad. Apparently the scopes are incapable of handling 308 recoil. I think they should have named the line "third world class."

The first one that went bad was returned to Tasco following their lifetime warranty repair instructions. A few months later and the company was bankrupt. No return of the scope and no one available to speak with since their phones only went to voice mail. Never got a return call either. This happened more than a year ago.

The other 2 were both on different 308 rifles and both would no longer hold zero. Changing out scopes corrected the issues.

Just wanted to share my bad experiences with this brand so others do not make the same mistake.

When I purchased the Tasco scopes I was a little younger and not up to speed on optics.
The moral of this story is when purchasing optics, you get what you pay for. Other than filling the gargabe can, these scopes are useless now.

My advice to others is never compromise on optics quality. Even if you need to save extra money for a few more paychecks it will be worth it in the long run.
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 4:00:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Agreed, with optics you get what you pay for... other than Black Rifles, I'm into astronomy and have learned the facts about good optics the hard and expensive way...

Since Tasco is now owned by Bushnell, is Bushnell honoring the Tasco warranty?  Might be worth a try...
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 4:24:34 PM EDT
[#2]
metalrocks,

Sorry to hear of your bad luck with Tasco.

I have a Tasco World Class scope I sent back for warranty repair (did ya notice there was a CHARGE for warranty repair?) and it was returned to me.  I think they just swapped it for a new one.  I never looked at it as I have better scopes on my rifles now.

But, if you miss your Tascos I could let it go.........
[;)]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top