Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/4/2003 9:55:08 AM EDT
Just got the latest Bible of Gun Parts/Accessories-The Brownells Catalog...

You'll never guess what they are advertising for sale?  Well maybe from the subject line.

I haven't called them yet to check availability or to find out the detials.  I'll let you know what I find out.

Could this sight be getting closer to release?
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 10:07:59 AM EDT
[#1]
no.  how much do they want for it?
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 10:57:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
no.  how much do they want for it?
View Quote

$550 - full retail. Big surprise :)

I love the Brownell's catalog and their shipping charges are great but everything I've ever looked at in their catalog is overpriced (compared to other vendors) or priced at retail.
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 10:59:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Armalite's got 'em for sale too.
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 11:45:18 AM EDT
[#4]
They've been in Brownells for almost a year. Looks like everyone was counting on Trijicon delivering them in a timely manner.

I'll stick to my EO TECHS...
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 3:46:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Dealer price (not hard to get at Brownell's) is $412.50.

Rocko
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 7:42:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 11:48:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Dealer price (not hard to get at Brownell's) is $412.50.

Rocko
View Quote

Got any suggestions?  I tried emailing brownells and sweet talking my way into the dealer pricing, but I go nowhere.  I basically told them the truth, I want to do more business with them but I just can't justify it when their prices are so high.  Any tips are appreciated.  Maybe I should just call and pretend I am a new customer? (a new gunsmith that is).

Thanks,
--Dan
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 12:15:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Got any suggestions?  I tried emailing brownells and sweet talking my way into the dealer pricing, but I go nowhere.
View Quote

Get yourself a C&R license.  The $30 you spend will easily be recouped by the discounts.  You will get a discount at Midway as well with your C&R.
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 3:03:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Best $30 investment you can spend in the gun world.
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 11:49:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Get yourself a C&R license.  The $30 you spend will easily be recouped by the discounts.  You will get a discount at Midway as well with your C&R.
View Quote

What is a C&R license?
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 11:57:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Curios & Relics, license. I have one, didn't know I can get discounts at Brownells and such...well now I know.
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 6:40:28 AM EDT
[#12]
If you're a business owner that'll get you some discounts too, that's how I got mine [:)]
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 9:58:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Yes, and I don't think they are very particular about the business being in the gun industry either - all you need is a valid tax id #.  I receive my discount through my C&R, however.  As mentioned, it isn't too hard to get their "dealer" prices.  I just wish they'd give discount on their tools.

Rocko
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 10:04:42 AM EDT
[#14]
Here are the list of questions asked when applying for the dealer discount.  Presumably, a "yes" to any one qualifies for the discount:

-Do you have an FFL? (If yes, FFL must be on file at Brownells)
-Do you have a Sales Tax Number?
-Do you have a Resale Number?
-Are you an armorer or contracting official for the military, police, federal or state agency,or other law enforcement agency?
Badge Number or Department Name:
-Are you an in-residence, full-time student at a college level Gunsmithing School?
School Name:
-Are you an Owner and/or Operator of an Allied Specialty business which doesn't require an FFL?
Shop Name:
-Are you full-time, active-duty with the Police Department, Sheriff's Department, or other Law Enforcement Agency?
Badge Number or Department Name:
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top