Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/3/2003 12:28:51 PM EDT
Anyone have or use this?  Does it work with the ARMS #40 BUIS?  Does set the EOTech too high?  Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 12:48:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I haven't used it because the EOTech is made to go straight onto the existing 1913 rail, from there it interfaces and co witnesses with the rifles systems virtually 100%.

But, if you like throw levers (and I do normally) then the system is nice. I just never had any problems using the oversized screw head that is supplied with the EOTech as an auxiliary mounting option. It's head and shoulders above the tiny hex system that also comes with it as an option.

I've always wondered how many of the throw levers ARMS sells for the EOTech line.
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 12:56:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Anyone have or use this?  Does it work with the ARMS #40 BUIS?  Does set the EOTech too high?  Thanks!
View Quote

It will work with the #40 since the #54 is designed to allow use of the iron sights through the #54 mount.

Does using the #54 put the EO Tech too high? IMHO, yes it believe it would for most people. The #54 was designed for operators who are doing dynamic entries and using gas masks so they need their optic that high (it raises the EO Tech up 1.25"!!) I've got an EO Tech right now mounted directly to my RAS and it co-witnesses just fine with the #40 without any additional mounts.

It seems that until EO Tech comes out with an integral QR lever on their optics, there aren't any really viable options for mounting them except for the built in screws.
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 2:50:12 PM EDT
[#3]
The high rise ARMS mount is designed to mount to the SIR or a SWAM sleeve to co-witness with the iron.  if you mount it directly to the flat top, it will be a little low for iron co-witness.
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 4:45:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for catching my error Chen [:)]
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 4:56:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the replies.  Yes Chen, as is, I can't co-witness with my SIR system.  What do you suggest?
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 12:10:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Thanks for the replies.  Yes Chen, as is, I can't co-witness with my SIR system.  What do you suggest?
View Quote

Several choices,

Upgrade the SIR you have to the #50 bi-level, I bet there is mor ethen enough members on board that are willing to take it off your hands for a decent price.

Get an Aimpoint and an ARMS #22/M68, you can sell your EOTech for a good price on line.

My suggestion would be to mount the EOTech on your SIR, when the time comes, transition to your pistol for back up.  

Hope this helps.

Link Posted: 8/4/2003 1:42:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for your input,  I like SIR too much to part with it.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top