Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 7/30/2003 4:18:55 AM EDT
I’m building another rifle and want to use a Leupold Vari-X II 3x9x40 scope that is collecting dust on a shelf. Which detachable rings do you recommend? I was leaning towards the ARMS 22.

Also, if I go with the ARMS, any idea which ones (low, medium or high) I need for a scope with a 40mm bell?
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 6:32:51 AM EDT
I have two quick detach styles I use: Leupold QRW and ARMS 22. Loopys work great and generally have about 0.5MOA consistency. ARMS is dead-on with repeatable accuracy. $45 versus $100. For shits and giggles and most hunting shooting applications - loopys For tactical and competition - ARMS The height depends on your rifle. On Browning Abolts with Loopy VX3 40mm I use a low Loopy. Call ARMS and Loopy to find their recommendation. Both are outstanding companies to deal with; Leupold scopes are all I use, and if I could afford to put ARMS 22s with adapters on all my rifles that are scoped, I would without hesitation. My CQ/T from Loopy is mounted on my flattop with the ARMS mount for repeatable accuracy and convenience; the Loopy mount uses torqued screws similar to Mark 4 rings, but it is bnot a good design. I love being able to take optics off to clean the gun without worry of solventing the scope and to be able to transport without fear of damage and to change optics on same rifle with different applications. hope this helps. If you can afford them, you CAN NOT DO BETTER than ARMS!!!!
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 6:42:26 AM EDT
I mounted an ARMS #38 sleeve to my rifle and then used the #22M rings and had no problems with a 40mm Obj scope. Be careful when usiing the #37 inserts they are sharp and will scratch your scope. I would smooth the edges and corners on the inserts.
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 6:54:21 AM EDT
I have this exact setup on my M1A, the 22M and Vari-x 2 40mm. It's perfect... keeps zero respectably. Alex
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 3:26:20 AM EDT
Thanks guys. I appreciate all the feedback.
Top Top