Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 7/29/2003 5:36:00 PM EDT
I put a down payment on a used AR-10 T in excellent condition at the lgs the other day. I've been checking prices to make sure I'm getting a good deal. So far, I'm unable to find any info on the scope that's mounted to it. It's a Leupold Vari-X III 3.5-10x50mm EFR Tactical. I've been searching for about an hour now and can't seem to find that model. It seems like a great scope. The clarity and brightness are very good. It has target knobs covered by large caps. Adjustable focus or paralax ring at the front of the scope.

I'm eager to get enough $$ to get the thing out the door and to the range, but don't want to get screwed on the price. Seems like it's only about a hundred or two discounted from new.

Luekjt
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 6:21:01 PM EDT
Leupold scopes are very good, and they have the best no nonsense warrenty in the business. Checek out the Vari-XIII 3.5-10 LR M1. I think it is a better choice. The knobs are not covered but the M1 style, and the 40mm objective lens will get you closer to your rifle. You can get any type reticle you want, but you are probably interested in a mil dot reticle if you are interested in using it for ranging.
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 7:18:01 PM EDT
Thanks for the reply. The scope is included with the rifle. I'm guessing the value of the scope at around $500. I'm trying to figure out how much the parts of the package are worth to see if it's a good value (used AR-10 T with scope and mount). Seems like a nice package but I'm not saving a whole lot of money versus a new gun and scope. I believe the mount is included with new AR 10's. I took a look through the scope and knew it was a good one. Of course I know about Leupold quality and their reputation. Then I checked out the trigger and knew I wanted this rifle. I've got a handfull of millitary style weapons, so the trigger on this AR-10 T was just awsome to me. Guess I need a better trigger for my M4gery now. Lukejt
Top Top