Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 7/27/2003 2:17:51 PM EDT
I'm looking for a red dot for my rifle, and don't want to spend $300 for a sight. I was wondering if anyone has compared the Hakko verse the OKO. I've read quite a few good reviews on the OKO, but I haven't seen much on the Hakko, especially as far as durability and co-witnessing on a flattop. They both are about the same price, so I was just wondering which one is better.
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 2:37:51 PM EDT
Haven't used the Hakko, but I did check one out at a gun show recently and they felt cheap - OKO's are great for the money - talk to Cory at Adrenaline Arms - he has them for a good price and knows a lot about them... [email]TREETOP@adrenalinearms.com[/email]
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 4:58:18 PM EDT
I just yesterday put a Hakko Panorama MkIII on one of my HBARS. SO, I can't speak of durabilty yet but I am pleased with the sight itself.
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 2:43:53 PM EDT
Let me know how it performs after you get a chance to shoot with it mounted. Also, can you co-witness your iron sights with it on, or do you have it mounted on your carry handle?
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 2:50:41 PM EDT
No, it is monted on the flattop. I have ordered a rear but it has not arrived yet. I should be getting some range time this Sunday or Monday.
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 5:00:05 PM EDT
I have had a Hakko for about 3 years on a Cobray M11/9mm. No problems at all. Thousands of rounds on semi/full. I have also used it on my AR but the mount I have for it does not allow it to sit far forward enough, so the Irons give a faster target. I got to get a scout rail! Samuel
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 5:55:59 PM EDT
Thanks for the info. From what I've heard, Hakko makes some good optics. Now I'll just have to do some checking on prices.
Top Top