Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 7/27/2003 6:11:00 AM EDT
Yesterday, while testing my friends compact ACOG, we decided to move it from his Colt 20" sporter to his 14.5" M4 so I could get a better idea about the balance and feel in the shorter, lighter firearm. He had a standard Allen wrench but we could not get it to insert into the head, straight-on as it was too long, even on the short end of the "L".

Does Trijicon provide a short enough Allen wrench with their compact ACOG's? I've decided to buy a 47-2 tomorrow before the prices go up again. They just went up $21 since Friday at RSR Wholesale. Time to thaw out the Visa card from the big block of ice in the freezer.

For any who have noticed my occasional questioning about the Aimpoint, Reflex II, EoTech and ACOG's, my decision was based on this.

I felt the Aimpoint, though a great sight is battery dependent as is the EoTech and I want a SHTF sight. The Aimpoint, suggested to be mounted forward ahead of my A2 handle is just way too muzzle heavy for my preference. I tested one on Friday and hated the heavy front feel. The EoTech was tested by me yesterday and I didn't prefer the "dotty" reticle. So it came down to both Trijicon's. Since I didn't need to worry about any additonal mounts (one less thing to go wrong) with the compact ACOG, I decided against the Reflex II.

Big Al
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 7:29:08 AM EDT
The compact ACOG should come with it's own wrench.
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 7:58:15 AM EDT
It does.
Top Top