Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 7/26/2003 9:23:00 AM EDT

On my new flat-top M4 upper, I purchased a ARMS #40 and a GG&G Scout rail to go in front of it (yes, I posted here first, and was assured that this would work.)

Well, it doesn't quite work. There is a millimeter or two of flat-top rail blocking the forward GG&G screw from fully entering the hole. So, given that this is the setup I want to run, I'm going to have to take a little bit of the metal off the back of the GG&G rail in order for it to seat a little further back against the ARMS #40.

What is the best way to do this? I've got both metal files and a dremel tool. I don't need to take a lot of metal off the back, and I really don't want it to be a sloppy job. Anyone ever done this before or have some pointers for me?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 8:46:16 PM EDT
If you need to take of metal from the back of the GG&G rail I would find a local machine shop or gunsmith and have it trimmed on a milling machine. Have you tried mounting the rail then the #40? STS
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 6:30:11 AM EDT
Yep, I tried mounting the rail first, but that only left the locking bar on the #40 with not enough room to clear the flat-top rail. I'll have to get a gunsmith to see what he can do for me. Just shaving a little off the back should do the trick
Top Top