Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/22/2003 8:47:16 AM EDT
Looking to replace my propoint sometime in the future.  I would like for it to be cowitnessed, or at least have the front sight post in the bottom 1/3 of the lense.  

Will all of these work with my swan sleeve:
OKO, Eotech, Aimpoint, UltraDot?

Any others I may be overlooking?
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 8:54:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Can only speak for the Aimpoint and EOTech.

w/ an ARMS #22M68 the Aimpoint M2/ML2 with work perfectly w/ your #38.

The EOTech, will work, but needs to be on your flat-top or RASII type front rail to be co-witness, like the Aimpoint.

As to other, I leave that to those who might own them, as I have no idea.....

Mike
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 9:02:14 AM EDT
[#2]
An EO Tech will not co-witness when mounted on a #38. I used to have a #38 and got rid of it since I couldn't use it with the EO Tech.
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 6:56:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Going about this a little bass ackwards arent we [no offense;)]?
Pick an optic that works the best for you, then see what mount you need for that optic. My
personal preference is the Aimpoint, but some swear by Eotech's. Can't go wrong with either. See if someone who owns one of these in your area would like to go shooting, see what you like best. [;)]
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 7:27:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the responses.

Matt_B:  Is it just that it will not co-witness, or can you not use the sights at all.

M4_Man:  Maybe a little bass ackwards, but I don't see a problem with either reticle.  Just gathering some info for now.

Link Posted: 7/23/2003 3:54:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Matt_B:  Is it just that it will not co-witness, or can you not use the sights at all.
View Quote

As I stated above the EOTech must be directly on flat-top, (not using the ARMS #38 at all) in order to co-witness.

Yes it will work, setting on your #38, but ya won't be at co-witness height and your irons/buis will be lower in the optic's view.

Mike
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 4:55:18 AM EDT
[#6]
IIRC correctly, an EO Tech mounted on a Swan Sleeve will not co-witness at all.

If you want to be prepared for a "worst case" scenario, you have to be able to co-witness.

M4_Man does have a good point. Decide on the optic you want then worry about mounting it. Not too complicate matters but the Aimpoint and EO Tech each have their own advantages and disadvantages. There's a really good thread going right now (which you may have already been reading) on [url=http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=18&t=164971]Eotech vs. Aimpoint...distance shots[/url] that covers each optics advantages and disadvantages. I assume your ProPoint is a red-dot, correct? By this I mean it literally has a dot. If you've been happy with that, the Aimpoint might work out fine for you.

I had a Swan Sleeve and wanted to use an EO Tech. I sold the Swan Sleeve and bought an ARMS #40 flip-up rear sight. I mounted the EO Tech near the end of the FF RAS.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top