Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/20/2003 2:47:17 AM EDT
I just this got this piece and am going *nuts* trying to figure out what to put on it. Of course application counts so lets say mostly plinking, target and some small game. Cost? Lets hear the selections and my wallet (wife ) will figure it out.

TIA

Edited b/c I can't spell.
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 4:42:21 AM EDT
[#1]
How about a Leupold 2-7x with a B-Square mount?
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 7:17:24 AM EDT
[#2]
The standard 3x9 40mm scope would work fine for your applications. The 2x7 suggest is good too.

For good glass at cheap prices have a look at Simmons. The Sportsmen's Guide, SWFA, and BearBasin sell them. You ought to get by with rings and a mount for less than $120 give or take.
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 3:28:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Settled then - a Leupold 3x9 Compact Matt Black, to match the rifle of course.

Thank you all.

Edited to say:

[b]OK, OK - took 'er to the range. I need MORE POWER and NOW I'm thinking the application would be small game and small bore silhouettes.

Once again, I'd like to hear from others who share these applications with their .22's.

TIA[/b]
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 6:21:12 PM EDT
[#4]
If you're looking at spending that kind of money, take a look at the Weaver Grand Slam...SWFA compares it to the VariX III...I bought one on their recommendation, over a Loopy...I've been VERY happy with it.  

I got the 6x20x40, which sounds like more power than you're looking for;  the 3x9x40 is about $250...call SWFA and see what they say about it.  
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top