Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 7/17/2003 7:29:09 PM EDT
I just read this and something hit me.

"""""Trijicon ACOG models that utilize the Bindon Aiming Concept, (BAC) may be used for two eye open "instinctive" aiming for faster target acquisition. This gives the shooter traditional long-stand-off marksmanship capability, with the ultimate in close quarter combat transitional aiming. Using the two eye method, when the weapon is moved, the perceived image is unmagnified, permitting extremely rapid target acquisition. As soon as the weapon movement is stopped and the shooter is close to the proper aim on target, the targeted image "zooms" into magnification. This permits greater shooting accuracy with higher hit ratios. This is especially useful for moving targets or targets in dense cover.""""

It's that "perceived image is unmagnified" statement that "zooms into magnification" statement that blew me away.

Is this the way the BAC works? Two eyes open, no perceived magnification as the weapon moves and then BAM! The magnification zooms in to the 1.5x, 2x, 3x, etc, power the scope has built in when you stop on the target.

Big Al
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 7:42:43 PM EDT
Buy one and find out, even if you don't use BAC you'll be pleased with the highly effective and well made scope [;)]
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 7:46:08 PM EDT
Duff, I'm on the verge now. Just need another $100 I'll place my order for the TA47-2, 2x amber triangle. Just making sure I understand the statement. Big Al
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 8:19:36 PM EDT
But then, yesterday, I ran across a used TA11 for $800. It had the ARMS flat top mount that has two quick-detach levers. He said I can remove the mount and attach to my A2 upper as designed. Good deal? Big Al
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 4:24:27 AM EDT
Yeah, thats a great deal.
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 5:32:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/18/2003 5:46:21 AM EDT by Duffy]
GSSP, sheeeit I'd break my wrist fliping out the credit card! [:d] I paid $900 plus for mine (before SWFA upped the ACOG prices accross the board) and another $100 or so on the ARMS 19S mount, assuming this scope is fairly new, it's a great deal. Go for it before one of use finds out and steals it from you [:)] The TA11 is my favorite scope (beating the TA01NSN, ELCAN, US Optics SN4 in my collection), the only viable alternative for similar weight, size and performance for me would be the TA31.
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 7:02:09 AM EDT
BAC works differently for different people depending on a variety of eyesight factors. That is how BAC works for me pretty much, except that my dominant eye wants to use the magnified view if it is even remotely viable instead of letting the weak eye take over. I noticed that advancing on targets fast, my weak eye would take over but as soon as I slowed down to a walk my dominant eye would zoom in and the bounce of the reticle was a little disorienting at first. However I've also found that by playing with the sight and making a conscious effort to switch from weak eye (unmagnified) to dominant eye (zoomed) views I can train my brain to make the switch on command - even when I am not moving at all. Another thing to keep in mind is that as you zoom in the dot will shift position on the target. For example, my right eye is my dominant eye. If I see the dot square on the target in the unzoomed view, I'll usually be a little left and high when I use the zoomed view. Do a search on ACOG - all of this is well covered. There is even a good thread with pictures.
Top Top