Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/17/2003 10:59:05 AM EDT
is this a decent scope for range/plinking...i ill be on my 16 m4gery when not using my aimpoint....thinking between this and the ior valada...trying to stay under 300$ and i know i can get the leupold around 200-225 on ebay....any suggestions or anything better available for the price..thanks
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 1:24:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 2:00:22 PM EDT
[#2]
I've had mine for 2 years and love it. I have to agree with Troy, it's the best scope you can get for the money. All Leupolds are pretty much kick ass.
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 2:09:45 PM EDT
[#3]
I agree.  An excellent value.  One thing to be aware of.  Leupold has recently changed the model designations on their scopes.  The old model Vari-X II had friction adjustments that did not have clicks.  The new similar sounding model VX-II has click adjustments.  I don't know why they made the names so confusing, but they are not exactly the same scopes.  The new VX-I is more like the old Vari-X II with the friction adjustments.  They are all good scopes, but I prefer the clicks.  Watch-Six
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 5:39:24 PM EDT
[#4]
I've got three of them and they are great scopes.  Leupold will put target turrets on for about $80 last time I checked (but they do stick up a bit).
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 7:46:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
It would be nearly impossible to get a better scope for the price.

-Troy
View Quote

Agreed.

I love mine.
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 10:13:41 AM EDT
[#6]
you might prefer the 2 to 7 power one for the AR15, it is smaller, lighter and I can use the both eyes open BAC method on 2x.  And it is about $10 less to boot!
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 5:47:18 PM EDT
[#7]
I have one on my Rem .30-06 Synth Auto - just fondled it last night... worth every penny!

Good luck.
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 9:13:22 PM EDT
[#8]
I love my 3-9x40.  Beautiful optics.  I've had it for 10 years and never had a problem.  I just picked up a Vari X III, LR M1.  Which is a bit more expensive but I absolutely love it.  I highly recommend Leupold.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top