Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/14/2003 6:46:23 AM EDT
In an earlier thread, I eluded to a problem I'm having mounting my 552 directly on the flat top rail of my J&T 16" Car upper. The front housing of the site will not clear the standard carbine handguard when mounted forward to extend beyond the delta ring. I'm looking for an alternative mounting method, without having to spend the $300+ for a RAS type setup. Any advice would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 7:28:45 AM EDT
[#1]
An EO Tech mounted on a Swan Sleeve will be too high to co-witness. I used to have a Swan Sleeve on my AR so I've been there, done that.

I'm afraid I don't know of any other way to mount an EO Tech (and allow co-witnessing) other than on the receiver rail or the top rail of an FF RAS.
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 10:03:50 AM EDT
[#2]
You can mount the EOTECH on the swan but it will not co witness you irons.  BUT that does not mean you cannot sight it in and use it on that rail.  It will work just fine and if you need the irons just give thw eotech a quick turn on the nob and get rid of it.  This is the only way you will save not getting a FF RAS.  It is not ideal but will work just fine.  I had my Eotech set up on my SIR this way for along time and it never gave me trouble not to mention I never needed to use the irons for lack of battery power!
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 5:28:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top