Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 7/10/2003 7:23:35 PM EDT
i have searched for threads on them, but i still have a few things im wonderin about.

im thinking about putting one on my flat top M4. im wondering if this:www.kalinkaoptics.com/cgi-local/kowstore.cgi?user_action=list&category=Rifle%20Scopes%3B%20Red%20Dot might be a good place to buy, and which of the displayed models would go best on my flat top? i want the one with QD throw lever, but the page doesnt make which one that is clear.
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 7:06:50 AM EDT
[url]http://tantal.kalashnikov.guns.ru/bstkobra.html[/url] My first choice, email him for current availability and pricing. Avoid Kalinka; see several reports on the AK side of the board for more details.
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 7:09:16 AM EDT
go with tantal if you do order one, thats where i got mine, imho, the kobra is good for an AK but isnt up to speed with the AR. I dont believe that setup will cowitness, the dot on mine kobra isnt the clearest go with the aimpoint if ya can
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 3:21:22 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Guntoting_Spartan: go with tantal if you do order one, thats where i got mine, imho, the kobra is good for an AK but isnt up to speed with the AR. I dont believe that setup will cowitness, the dot on mine kobra isnt the clearest go with the aimpoint if ya can
View Quote
i agree with you to a degree, but the fact of the matter is im headin off to college and i cant afford to blow 400+ on AR15 optics. im looking at the Kobra as a tougher more reliable alterntive other cheap red dots (you know the kind). i dont do any "serious" shooting with my AR, just plinking and blasting. im not really concerned with the cowitness issue being a non-critical shooter (with my AR at least). thanks to all for the words of wisdom
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 3:32:41 PM EDT
they are about 145.00 delivered from tantal. I think they are the best red dot for the $.
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 4:44:25 PM EDT
Well I think the best optics for the money are the used Aimpoints you find on the EE for $150... I've bought several for under $200.
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 9:07:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/11/2003 9:12:48 PM EDT by Fenian]
The Kobra will do everything you need it to, absolutely. They are rock solid, and as tough as anything out there. I also suggest Tantal as the place to buy. About the only draw back to the Kobra is the fact that it sits up a little high, and there is no way to use a BUIS with the Kobra still mounted to the rail. Also, take a look at the Tasco ProPoint 3 CMP...they're under $100 at Midway, and have a very bright dot that will not wash out under ANY light...I checked that today by pointing straight up at the bright blue sky today. I could see the dot quite well, and wasn't even at the highest setting. The ProPoint three will sit much lower on the rifle; you might even want a riser to get it a little higher. No QR mount, though, unless you use a set of ARMS # 22 rings, or an Aimpoint mount. (The Propoint is a 30mm tube, so in theory any 30mm mount should work). IF you can find a used Aimpoint for $150, jump on it.
Top Top