Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 7/9/2003 8:22:20 PM EDT
Went to the LV Cashman show last weekend. It was nice to see and and fondle hardware I can't have back home, lol. As I walked around drooling, I spotted a dealer with four ACOGs neatly sitting on their cases, a TA31, TA11, TA01, and a TA01NSN. This was the first time I have handled a TA31, and I was blown away. It was by far the sharpest and brightest piece of glass I have ever looked through. The BAC was fast and worked just as I have read about. I originally came for a EOTech 552e, but I was bitten by the TA31 bug.

And here is the sad part......it was only $799.[>Q][>Q][>Q][>Q][>Q]
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 10:32:01 PM EDT
$799? ACK! I don't think I could have taken that. I'd do almost anything to pick one up that cheap. -Cap'n
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 5:24:35 AM EDT
Fish&shoot: A couple of questions: 1) what part of PRK do you live in. I am in Fresno. 2) what was the name of this company? I am sure if he is willing to honor that price or more for a group discount, he would get alot of business. thanks
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 9:09:39 AM EDT
Hey rhatland, I made the trek from Southern Cali, LA area for the 4th of July weekend. The dealer was One Eyed Jack, same guy in the SGN ad. He's a good guy, his show prices are generally lower than what he advertises. Getting ahold of enough TA31's at one time for a group buy will be an amazing feat.lol. But, if anyone wants to put together a groupbuy I'm definately in. So who wants to start a Groupbuy?[:D] *cough*SteyrAUG*cough*
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 1:45:51 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 1:56:40 PM EDT
Originally Posted By FishandShoot: The dealer was One Eyed Jack, same guy in the SGN ad. He's a good guy, his show prices are generally lower than what he advertises.
View Quote
ONE EYED JACK... You've got to be kidding me! He must have done a 180 since the last time I saw his tables at a gunshow. I used to see his wares at the Denver, CO shows, and he always had very good stock, but everything was 25-50% over 'fair' going rates. I remember I was selling some fully lined preban G22 mags with factory +2 (well only +1 on the .40) floor plates. I saw that he had some for sale at $150 each, without the +extension, so I figured I see if he wanted a couple more. This is what he said, I shit you not "I'll give you $50, Glock 22s are NOT very popular." Maybe this is a different guy, or maybe he's changed his ways, but the One Eyed Jack I remember was not very nice and his prices were obscene.
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 5:25:12 PM EDT
[size=1]
ONE EYED JACK... You've got to be kidding me! He must have done a 180 since the last time I saw his tables at a gunshow. I used to see his wares at the Denver, CO shows, and he always had very good stock, but everything was 25-50% over 'fair' going rates. I remember I was selling some fully lined preban G22 mags with factory +2 (well only +1 on the .40) floor plates. I saw that he had some for sale at $150 each, without the +extension, so I figured I see if he wanted a couple more. This is what he said, I shit you not "I'll give you $50, Glock 22s are NOT very popular." Maybe this is a different guy, or maybe he's changed his ways, but the One Eyed Jack I remember was not very nice and his prices were obscene.
View Quote
[/size=1] Mabe......I have never had a problem with him or with his other bussiness partners at his table over the years. C4iGrant: Email Inbound
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 6:34:47 PM EDT
Hey people can change. Perhaps he figured out that you can move more inventory by reasonable pricing. Or maybe it's a different guy. the guy I saw always worked tables by himself, and I don't think I ever saw anyone working for/with him, so perhaps this is another "One Eyed Jack." The guy I know of DID have an eye patch though...
Top Top