Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/8/2003 5:22:42 PM EDT
I'm rather new to AR's, and was thinking of getting a trijicon reflex for my m-4gery (colt preban lower, bushy upper)...what are the opinions on the reflex for casual plinking, not hard duty use (i'm a civilian)??
Also, what is the best mount for a m-4 with the carry handle?  On the handle?  Or in front?
any suggestions would be appreciated.
cheers,
Derek
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 7:05:22 PM EDT
[#1]
General concensus is that the Reflex is not that great. An Aimpoint M2 or ML2 would serve you better. Lots of mounting options, I would use a cantiliver mount with a back up Iron sights on the flat top.
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 7:41:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I agree the Reflex is not that great, I had three on my primary rifles, but now I am mounting EOTech on my rifles.  If you like the singal pane glass for a better field of view, the EOTech is in the same line of design as Reflex, but it improves on every aspect on the Reflex except for battery life.

For mounting on carry handle, I would suggest using a BC CAM gooseneck mount and forward mount the sight on your gun.  This will give you the best chhek weld, excellent field of view, and the use of your iron sight for co-witness.

Hope this helps.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top