Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 7/7/2003 8:53:31 PM EDT
just got a great deal on a trijicon reflex and was wondering what the opinions were on this sight I picked up the sight and the gooseneck mount for 250 and felt it was a good deal after lookin at what they sell for.
As far as dependability and usability how are they? main uses will be home defense and plinkin.
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 9:21:45 PM EDT
meant the dogleg mount for the carryin handle
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 6:38:30 AM EDT
No you mean the 'gooseneck' mount as orginally stated ;). The Reflex II's are great sights. I've used a Reflex I for years and I still think its a good sight. Very durable and great reliability. I think you'll be happy.
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 6:56:20 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 9:13:14 AM EDT
Originally Posted By C4iGrant: The Trijicon Reflex is a good optic ...It doesn't measure up to the Aimpoint and EOTech though... C4
View Quote
Until your batteries die [:D] I like my Reflex MUCH better than a friend's AIMPOINT...Sounds like you got a very nice deal.
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 4:38:03 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 7:05:15 AM EDT
OK, OK, C4[:D] but that is what BUIS are for in extreme conditions...AND no switch to turn on, adjust, heheheheh. Just point and click. Simple.
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 10:01:58 AM EDT
Point and click unless it is under twilight condition, the funky blue tint will always obscure the target, the amber dot goes AWOL under those orange street lights, and power on a 9v light and the dot washes out. I loved my Reflex until I took an advance carbine course and found out all the deficiency of the optic.
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 10:16:57 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 11:04:05 AM EDT
Thats why I'm so anxious for the Tripower to correct the Reflex's shortcomings (I'm also waiting for Christmas [:D])! I guess the bottom line is the perfect optic doesn't exist.
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 11:19:46 AM EDT
SP10, your next post will be one thousand. [:D] I shot the Tri-power extensively on a demo gun, the optic was still washing out, the blue tint is still on the obj lens, and the amber chervon was too fine for fast work. The darn control panel on the top of the tube was hugh, it was hard to get use to since som much of the vision was block by it.
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 12:15:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/9/2003 12:17:46 PM EDT by SP10]
Hi chen, Sadly, I've read your demo Tripower experience before. I hope Trijicon will correct these problems. I am aware of the Reflex's problems, as I've experienced first hand under some shooting conditions. But I feel it is still a very good sight, despite its shortcomings. I have also used a 1.5X ACOG TA45-4. Good eye relief and clear glass, but I can't shoot it as fast as my ReFlex. Just need more practise with BAC, I guess. Always good to read stuff from guys like you and C4 who have used some of these optics extensively. (Although I should point out to C4iGrant that "the customer is always right!!!" 1000 posts? Woooo, I SHOULD be working instead of imparting my jewels of wisdom[:D] *damn, screwed up my "1,000th post:(" Twice.
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 1:00:16 PM EDT
Originally Posted By SMGLee: SP10, your next post will be one thousand. [:D] I shot the Tri-power extensively on a demo gun, the optic was still washing out, the blue tint is still on the obj lens, and the amber chervon was too fine for fast work. The darn control panel on the top of the tube was hugh, it was hard to get use to since som much of the vision was block by it.
View Quote
Sounds to me Chen is saying you just can't polish a turd.....[:D]...he he! I kid, I kid!
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 2:05:25 PM EDT
I have to agree with Horik, that turd is going to be pretty hard to polish.
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 4:08:15 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 4:20:29 PM EDT
Thanks fella's next question I have a flatop and this came with the carryin handle mount. wich would serve better? or does it matter. Also the wash out issue could somone explain what this entials? is it bright lights and does it completely obscure the aiming dot? thanks again for the info.
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 5:02:30 PM EDT
The Reflex is power by fiber optic and trijium. the dot is amber andit is reflected onto a blue tinted lens. the amber dot is dime at best even under low light, so once a bright source light shines on the optic or near the optic the dot tend to disappear because the bright light will over power the amber dot. of course the bigger the MOA is on the dot or tringle the less it will be washed out, but bigger reticel is only good for close in work, if you want to engage a distance target like a human sized steel target out to 200 yards, the big reticel will effectively block the entire target. As far as the flat top, the carrying handle is a good and solid iron sight, but if you want to mount optics, you should look at getting a flip up BUIS, of all the BUIS on the market, I suggest the ARMS #40 as it is the best available. If you don't want to spend the extra 100 on the #40 and you don't know what to do with the carry handle, you can always cut the carry handle so it will act as a BUIS. This method is solid, rugged, and you can have elevation adjustments.
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 9:09:25 PM EDT
Thanks a bunch smg had never considered cutting the carry handle will look into that since I have a spare. Maybe I should consider a trade on an aimpoint sometime in the futre if this sight doesnt work out for me.
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 9:14:40 PM EDT
Does anyone have a pic of a cutdown carryin handle for a flatop?
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 9:40:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/10/2003 9:47:46 PM EDT by SMGLee]
[img]http://www.thermaldynamics.com/pictures/guns/m4a3-2.jpg[/img]
Top Top