Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/7/2003 3:15:42 PM EDT
Planning to buy a sight for my AR and I don't have any experience with the three sights I've considered (EOTech 552,Trijicon Tri-Power, and Aimpoint Comp ML2).
Which one would you consider your favorate of the three. (I know the Tri-Power is new)
Thanks
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 3:57:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I buy the Tri-power....., JK.

If you do a search, you will find a lot of topic regarding the question you are asking.

I am a big EOTech fan with Aimpoint a close second, as far as the Tri-Power, that is another story.
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 4:12:42 PM EDT
[#2]
I like EOTech and Aimpoint, all is good just your personal pref.
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 4:19:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 6:54:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Tripower isn't even available so that's off the list.

I like the Aimpoint for its simplicity, durability, mouning options, and LONG LONG battery life.  Its an excellent unit with a proven track record.

I like the 552 for it large field of view and its ability to use the readily available 'AA' batteries (and rechargables).  I'm warming up to the reticle, but not sold on it yet.

I can't say I have a 'favorite' because I don't have enough time with the EO Tech yet.  But it is the sight I will using on my carbine when my Compact ACOG (my real FAVORITE) isn't installed.  This was selected primaryily on its use of AAs & AA NiMH batteries.
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 7:13:56 AM EDT
[#5]
I personally do not like the EOtech, I like my Aimpoint...

I really like the ideal of the Tri-power, with it's 3 different power sources, I just wish that Trijicon would have [i]completely[/i] worked the bugs out before trying to release it over and over again...

I have messed around with a display model of the Tri-power and for a time I was going to hold out for one, but then I came to my senses and picked up a Aimpoint...
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 9:07:46 AM EDT
[#6]
I admittedly haven't used an AIMPOINT much, but to me, it was like looking down a narrow tunnel. The Holosight/Eotech is MUCH better in this regard, but suffers from ~short battery life. If you could check each out first, definitely a good move.

I also like my Reflex II sight very much, although the triangle can wash out in bright light.

I love the idea of the Tripower, and will no doubt buy one as soon as/if a refined version hits the market.
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 4:32:44 AM EDT
[#7]
I am waiting for the Trijicon Tripower, but Aimpoint M2 or ML2 would be my second choice, Eotech would be my third choice.
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 9:51:48 AM EDT
[#8]
I am not a big fan of the Tri-power, at least the prototype I have had several chance to shoot in demos.  Lots of board member seem to be very excited about the Tri-Power, but I think it will not live up to its name.  Trijicon makes a great scope in the BAC ACOG.

I am however a great big fan of EOTech with Aimpoint coming in at a close second.  

EOTech will have better field of view, a fast reticel and no flash signature due to a non-reflective lens.  Aimpoint beats the EOTech hands down on the battery life and mounting options.  
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 12:45:40 PM EDT
[#9]
It semms to me that they are trying to make a fancy aimpoint M2 with the tripower.  Why add more things to break...OH  so it will sell!  I forgot!

Cannot go wrong with the EO or Aimpoint.  The EOTECH has my vote for speed in sight acquisition but the bat life and mounting setbacks(which arent bad) are it's only limitations.  The Aimpoint has it on bat life but only that in my opinion.  Aimpoint does give you more mounting options but of course YOU HAVE TO BUY THE MOUNT(S)  Maybe, it's controls are a bit easier to use but that is a big Maybe.  I own both and like 'em!
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 12:54:13 PM EDT
[#10]
The Tri-power is a mythical beast thats totally unproven, and not even available right now.

The Eotech and Aimpoint are both heavily proven in field use by serious military and police operators.

Having used both fairly extensively, the Eotech has an edge for close range shooting, but IMHO the Aimpoint makes a better general purpose CQB/Field sight as the smaller dot allows me easier long range shots.  Aimpoint wins for me also on battery life.  Its simply astounding.  Im also not a big fan of the Eotech's controls.

You wouldnt go wrong with either, just evaluate your needs and buy accordingly.
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 1:18:19 PM EDT
[#11]
You won't live long enough to see the Tripower. Trijicon's engineers screwed the pooch on that one.
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 2:54:07 PM EDT
[#12]
You won't live long enough to see the Tripower. Trijicon's engineers screwed the pooch on that one

Why do you say that !  Do you have any proof ?
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 5:05:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Yes he does, because the people that have seen the pre-samples gave very mixed reviews, mostly on the negative side.

[URL]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=18&t=164601&w=activePop[/URL]

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top