Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 7/5/2003 5:57:51 PM EDT
I have a few questions maybey someone can help. I want to mount a Aimpoint Ml2 red dot scope on one of my ar15's. I have a EOtech mounted on my Flattop already. So here's the question. I have a A2 M4 upper also. Which scope would mount on the A2 upper better the Aimpoint or the EOtech. Second which type of mount would you use? I have seen those expensive Flattop adapter's with the A2 sights built in for $150 and up. I want to try to keep the expensive to a minimum. The Aimpoint will cost like $300 or so. I dont want to go cheap and get something thats not going to work. I want a dependable durable scope set up for my hard earned buck. Any advice or experiences you have would be appreciated. Also the best place to buy the following would also help: Aimpoint Ml2 scope and DPMS fixed rear sight for flattop AR15. Im using a Bushmaster flip up sight but im not happy with it.
Thanks for looking and inquiring
Link Posted: 7/6/2003 11:36:12 AM EDT
Because the EoTech already has a built in mount that is pretty much designed to be put on a flat top, I think the EoTech should remain on the flat top upper. The Aimpoint has MANY MANY mounting options available. Aimpionts carry handle or gooseneck mount will be a good option for an A2 upper that wont cost too much. There are better, more solid mounts, but they all cost a little more. If you could, I would look into these other mounts, like the ARMS #39A2. But if you couldnt swing that, the Aimpoint with gooseneck mount will very likely suit your needs quite well.
Top Top