Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/4/2003 12:32:29 PM EDT
is this version of the knight's 300m back-up sight for real?

does the military version differ from the civvy one, or is this a pic of airsoft bs?
i would like to get my hands on this upgrade if it is available.
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 12:55:01 PM EDT
[#1]
That is a Airsoft rear sight.

The KAC 300m sight you get from KAC is the same exact rear sight KAC sale to the US military.
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 1:22:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Quick release knob? When are you going to need to quick release your rear sight?
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 2:30:06 PM EDT
[#3]
thanks. i will prob make a qr knob for $hits & giggles.

Quoted:
Quick release knob? When are you going to need to quick release your rear sight?
View Quote

since when does need enter the equation? [;)]

i do have a large selection of optics, some require the whole rail. my m4gery is my [i]fun gun[/i].
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 3:29:31 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't think it is air soft.  The gun in that pic looks to be one Knights uses to photo their hadrware.  Knights is always making prototype one of a kind stuff.  I have been sent on more than one wild goose chase trying to track down some one of a kind knights stuff.  They fist made the optima/acog mount seen it that pic.  When I saw it I had to have it and I spent over a year on the internet and phone trying to track one down.  Then I saw they made a vertical foregrip with a telescoping monopod built in.  As of yet no one can tell me where to get one.  I bet this is just a one of kind deal that will never make it to market.
Link Posted: 7/5/2003 5:45:59 AM EDT
[#5]
I think that this whole weapon is an Air-Soft copy of a special built USMC Carbine we (KAC) had on display at the last two Shot Shows.
First off, the screw holding the 300-M BUIS on is one I have never seen, we have been using a special wide (penny-dime size) slotted machine srew for this sight for over 6 years.  The only other one we used was a button head hex head.  What you see in the picture above is some else's miniuature version of the design of the ACOG scope mount nuts.
The Optima rig on the ACOG was our original idea, but until very recently, was not produced in any numbers.  It usually shows up in photos of our guns, and of couse this photo above really looks like one-but its not.
Firstly, the ACOG pictured is too new looking, as the one we have been using for over 6 years is all dinged-up.  It also does not have the filter thing installed in the objective.
Secondly, the little red-dot on our gun does not say "Optima", as we got ours from FirePoint.
So what we have here is what very creative people in Japan can do with some good gun photographs.  I mean right down to the Marine Corps logo I ahd lazed on this receiver!
If you have not seen what is being made in toy guns and accessories, get a copy of the Japanese magazine "COMBAT".  It will blow you away.
The latest copy (2003 May), has a Shot Show spread, Pictures of Mr. AK47 Kalashnikov firing my SR-25 at the demo we did in February, pics of the KAC wps collection, a whole platoon of Marines with M5 RAS / M16A4's with ACOG's fam-firing in Iraq, even some "skin".
Unfortunately, I can't advise you where to get a copy, as the publisher sent me one from Japan because my picuture is in it, and the whole thing is in Japanese.  
Link Posted: 7/5/2003 7:48:46 AM EDT
[#6]
coldblue, thanks for responding.
i allways look forward to your informative posts. the fact that i can correspond with the people that developed this stuff makes wading through all the jerry springer stuff worth it.

i don't think the acog is airsoft (red o-rings, nsn#), but notice the mold seam on the charging handle and the punch-out pin marks on the upper just below the rail.
Link Posted: 7/6/2003 5:05:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Yea, I wondered about that (punch-out pin mark) myself.  Now I know.  It is interesting that if you keep an open mind in this whole small arms thing you can learn something new every day.
Thanks.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top