Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/2/2003 4:27:08 PM EDT
Have a Gemtech Talon SD 9mm upper for my M-16.  Due to the design of the suppressor, there is no front sight on this gun, and it is currently sporting a HoloSite red dot on the flattop which works nicely.  However, I was wondering if there is an ARMS or other unit that might bolt onto this gun that would allow the installation of a front and rear sight assembly so I can shoot it with iron sights.....

Any assistance would be appreciated....

Link Posted: 7/2/2003 6:04:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 9:23:44 PM EDT
[#2]
You could mount the KAC front sight Troy mentioned directly to the flat top. This will work, but not very well. Do you have a pic of the upper (or a link) that I could see to get an idea of what you are trying to do.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 10:29:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 12:30:54 AM EDT
[#4]
I have one of the KAC 9mm SD uppers.It is very similar to yours but it does use a FF RAS.I came with KAC's front and rear sights.If your can will fit inside a FF RAS you can use KAC's sights.I know that you can put a M4 RAS on your upper.If it mounts secure enough you might try KAC's front sight on it.SJR556.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 10:46:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys - I know this is a stupid question, but what is a FF RAS?
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 10:51:17 AM EDT
[#6]
I believe the M4 RIS version will fit on your Talon. Another board member (drfcolt?) has done this.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 11:08:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 11:19:32 AM EDT
[#8]
cool.

thanks guys.  i guess what i'm hearing is that yes, it can be done.  looks like it would cost a fair amount of $ just to get a front sight on that puppy.....but hey, its only money right???

Link Posted: 7/3/2003 2:05:37 PM EDT
[#9]
I believe you will have to remove the heat shield for the RAS to fit over the supressor.  There was a 2002 article in "special weapons" magazine in which the author did just that.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top