Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/1/2003 10:08:40 PM EDT
Hello folks.

Well, I've placed an order on TA31 ACOG and I've been waiting a month now. It seems my vendor can't get donut or chevron easily. He said he has triangle, but I'm still more leading towards donut / chevron because it covers less of your target. I thought donut will be the best choice since you can use it as a red dot and it doesn't cover your target in 150-300m range where triangle does. Chevron looks very attractive too but some say it is way too fine for general purpose work. It is also calibrated for 14.5" barrels instead of 20" which I'm going to use.

So my question is, can you really distinguish between inside and outside of donut and be able to shoot accordingly? (outside for speed, inside for more precision in 150-300m where your reticule will be completely over the intended target)
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 3:14:26 AM EDT
[#1]
I can easily and clearly recognize the outside and inside of the donut reticle.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 5:14:07 AM EDT
[#2]
I have the TA11 which is an even smaller donut than the TA31 and I can clearly distinguish the inside and outside of the donut. In fact, I often use the inside of the donut as an aiming point or reference point when trying to shoot smaller groups.

You do need to focus on the target though. If you try to focus on the reticle the donut can blur into a dot and the chevron can blur out completely in my experience.

Then again, my experience may not be yours as the ACOG seems to be more dependent on individual quirks of eyesight.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 7:36:35 AM EDT
[#3]
That is the info I wanted to confirm. Thanks folks, still Donut it is.

I haven't seen Chevron so I have no idea how thin it is.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top