Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/1/2003 8:11:25 AM EDT
All,

I am thinking about mounting this scope to my Colt M-4. I think I need to mount it on the handle to rise above the front sight obscuring the line of sight.

Bottom line: Does a longer range scope respond better to a higher mounting than a shorter range tacticle-style scope.

I have the Mark 4 CQ/T mounted on the flat.

My thinking is, basically, I could keep the long range mounted on the handle and swap out just the handle for the CQ/T.

What do you all think?

Thanks,

David Matthews
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 9:35:13 AM EDT
[#1]
This FSB shouldnt interfear with your sight picture....Scopes with enuff mag. operate in a diferent optical plane than your open sights.....Besides a removable carry handle isnt a good place for a scope,too high IMHO and not sturdy enuf to zero properly.......mount it on the flatop w/risers.............underdog
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 10:17:11 AM EDT
[#2]
I can put my M3 on my Colt M4 flattop with ARMS Med. Rings and I cannot see the front sight post. I hope this helps.

bcr308
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 12:20:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 4:45:03 PM EDT
[#4]
 This scope is a bit much for an AR in 5.56. Maybe on a Flat top AR in 7.62 but too much on a 5.56 carbine no less!
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top