Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/30/2003 7:44:54 AM EDT
I have a 16 in carbine with a fixed carry handle. I want to put optics on it but don't want to spend alot. I want to know what people think of the Armson OEG. Is it worth the money? and so on.

I will be using this at close range, mostly 100yds or less, with an occasional foray out to 200yds.

Give me your thoughts or suggestions.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 9:03:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/1/2003 8:40:19 AM EDT by Watch-Six]
I had one when they were popular several years ago. They work ok, but you would probably be better off with a normal red dot sight like an Aimpoint. They are a little hard to zero, and the zero is kind of personal. The device has parallax in the horizontal plane based on the spacing of your eyes. That is you not only set up a zero and as the range changes the bullet drop changes, but also the left to right shifts. It's kind of hard to explain. If you want to see a really funny situation set it up for a right handed shooter and then have a lefty shoot it. My brother in law is a lefty and his zero was so far off it was unbelievable. Keep that in mind if you ever want to shoot from the off shoulder. The OEG was a revolutionary idea, but it is kind of out of date. Just my opinion. I sold mine years ago. Watch-Six
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 12:33:48 PM EDT
Top Top