Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/28/2003 1:05:28 PM EDT
I was wondering about these things. Are they even suitable to an AR? How much? What are the reticle options (if any)? Mounting options? I want to mount a red dot to my 9mm Oly upper w/carry handle, but wanna keep bulk to an absolute minimum. If I could mount it forward of the carry handle, that would be cool, just to keep overal height of the weapon down. Thanks for any help.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 10:59:14 PM EDT
One more question you should ask ---> Is the company that makes it still in business ? Answer - Optima 2000 was made by Tasco. Tasco has DISCONTINUED the Optima 2000 from it's product line. However, the identical design is available under another company that has "pick-up" the design.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 1:59:48 AM EDT
Tasco never made the optima they just imported it. The same sight is noe called the J point, and in the past has been called the Fire Point. A simmilar but superior sight is the Docter Optics [url]www.docteropticsusa.com[/url]
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 5:01:08 PM EDT
If you already have an Optima, I say go for it. CDNN Investments [url]www.cdnninvestments.com [/url] has Optima carry handle mounts for dirt cheap. I tried one out on a 16" light weight carbine and it worked quite well. I would not spend much money on a Optima if you don't already have one. The Docter sight is certainly better. Watch-Six
Top Top