Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/27/2003 2:58:14 PM EDT
This may seem like a question that has been run in to the ground but I can't seem to find it on the search..I know I am probably not searching right, but anyhow. I have an A3 model AR w/20" barrel and I want to mount my Aimpoint ML2 red dot on it. I checked out Brownells and saw the M4 mount, that supposedly clears the front iron sight, for $206.00. All I can say is OUCH, heck I am almost half way to buying a new milled upper. The question is what other options can anyone recomend. For my Aimpoint I have an extra wide mounting ring so the American Arms scope mount won't work for me.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 3:10:07 PM EDT
How about KAC or ARMS? [url]www.mstn.biz[/url] lists the straight KAC mount for $131, and the offset mount for $195.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 3:49:28 PM EDT
Duff I like the idea of the off set mount but how do you think it'll hold up during transition, from long gun to holstered pistol.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 9:31:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/27/2003 9:33:12 PM EDT by Duffy]
BigJohn I firmly believe it will, though I have neither an Aimpoint or the offset mount. Even the one mounted on a RAS or RIS instead of the upper reciever is sturdy enough, our military has used such a setup for quite a while. KAC's (or if you prefer, ARMS) mounts are tough and very well engineered, without actual test data I'd venture to say it will survive a drop from 6ft mounted on an 8 pound weapon without adverse effects. But I'm just guessing (don't flame me), coldblue (of KAC) and 3rdtk (some say he's Mr. Swan of ARMS, I dunno [:)]) will be able to tell us for sure.
Top Top