Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/27/2003 2:58:14 PM EDT
This may seem like a question that has been run in to the ground but I can't seem to find it on the search..I know I am probably not searching right, but anyhow. I have an A3 model AR w/20" barrel and I want to mount my Aimpoint ML2 red dot on it. I checked out Brownells and saw the M4 mount, that supposedly clears the front iron sight, for $206.00. All I can say is OUCH, heck I am almost half way to buying a new milled upper. The question is what other options can anyone recomend. For my Aimpoint I have an extra wide mounting ring so the American Arms scope mount won't work for me.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 3:10:07 PM EDT
[#1]
How about KAC or ARMS?  [url]www.mstn.biz[/url] lists the straight KAC mount for $131, and the offset mount for $195.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 3:49:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Duff I like the idea of the off set mount but how do you think it'll hold up during transition, from long gun to holstered pistol.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 9:31:35 PM EDT
[#3]
BigJohn I firmly believe it will, though I have neither an Aimpoint or the offset mount.  Even the one mounted on a RAS or RIS instead of the upper reciever is sturdy enough, our military has used such a setup for quite a while.  KAC's (or if you prefer, ARMS) mounts are tough and very well engineered, without actual test data I'd venture to say it will survive a drop from 6ft mounted on an 8 pound weapon without adverse effects.  But I'm just guessing (don't flame me), coldblue (of KAC) and 3rdtk (some say he's Mr. Swan of ARMS, I dunno [:)]) will be able to tell us for sure.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top