Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/18/2003 7:12:24 PM EDT
I won an eBay auction for a Tasco PDP2 and the guy shipped me a 30mm Ultradot in a PDP2 box with PDP2 papers. I just wanted a red dot scope to play around with on my new flat top AR, and this one seems to be good quality, so I'm thinking I'm just going to hang onto it without giving the guy any grief. So what do you think, is the Ultra Dot a good scope for $28? :)
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 9:05:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Jason,
In my opinion, you got the best of the deal!
I believe that the Ultradot is a much better built scope.  They also have a lifetime "no-hassle" guarantee!  I think that you will find the dot itself to be much sharper in outline (less irregular?).  I have a 1" Ultradot mounted on a Ruger MK II, and couldn't be happier.  I might just try a 30mm one on my flattop (currently using a 4-12X40 scope.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 7:57:22 AM EDT
[#2]
That Ultradot is a POS. I'll take it off your hands for $30, because I'm a nice guy.

Seriously though, Ultradot is THE standard for Bullseye pistol. Guys mount 'em on the slide of their .45s. The momentum (cyclic rate) is not an issue, for bullseye shooting.

No one has ever heard of one shaking apart, over many long years of use at the top end. That's according to my High Master pistolsmith. I have two.

Seriously, let me know if you want to get rid of it.

Pete
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top