Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/17/2003 8:41:22 AM EDT
Does anyone know if someone makes a rail system that can attach on TOP of a standard 1" scope tube?

Something like this . . .
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 9:10:34 AM EDT
[#1]
[img]http://www.armsmounts.com/images/sirs.jpg[/img]

What your lookin for is on the scope, up-top in the pic above, sorry but I have not been able to locate who makes them, but perhaps this will help. Seems somebody on the EE sells them, but for the life of me I can't find one now.

BTT for help w/ finding scope mount on scope....

Mike
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 9:51:05 AM EDT
[#2]
I believe that's the ARMS #22 Tactical Ring Rail.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 9:51:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 10:47:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
That's the ARMS #22 Tactial Ring Rail.

You need the #22 ring bases and a TRC (Tactical Ring Cap), and a TRR (Tactial Ring Rail).

Steve @ [url=www.adcofirearms.com]ADCO[/url] has them.
View Quote

So has anyone ever seen this setup with a standard scope on the bottom with a Eotech sight on top?
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 10:53:17 AM EDT
[#5]
So has anyone ever seen this setup with a standard scope on the bottom with a Eotech sight on top?
View Quote

Those tactical carbine and 3-gun match type guys have set-ups like that, for close and long range target engagements.

Thanks, to Calvert and theRicker for the help, I knew somebody sold'em, and thought it was ARMS, but they don't show on their site....

Mike
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 11:26:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Those tactical carbine and 3-gun match type guys have set-ups like that, for close and long range target engagements.

Thanks, to Calvert and theRicker for the help, I knew somebody sold'em, and thought it was ARMS, but they don't show on their site....

Mike
View Quote

I was figuring the Eotech wouldn't be sitting much higher than it would if it was sitting on top of a carry handle and for sub 100 yard shots should still work great from that vantage.  Then I could switch to the magnified scope for the really long shots.  Think I'm going to buy them.  Thanks for the help.  I'll post pictures when I'm finished with my gun.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 11:55:15 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm not trying to hi-jack the thread, but I found that this setup puts the second sight system to high for me. The rifle I use in 3-gun matches has the scope mounted on an Armalite riser mount and a C-more on the right side of the forearm.
All I have to do to move from the scope to the C-more is rotate the rifle 30-35 degrees counter-clockwise. I do not have to re-adjust my cheek on the butt stock.
I'll post some picks tonight once I get home from the 2nd job.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 12:01:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'm not trying to hi-jack the thread, but I found that this setup puts the second sight system to high for me. The rifle I use in 3-gun matches has the scope mounted on an Armalite riser mount and a C-more on the right side of the forearm.
All I have to do to move from the scope to the C-more is rotate the rifle 30-35 degrees counter-clockwise. I do not have to re-adjust my cheek on the butt stock.
I'll post some picks tonight once I get home from the 2nd job.
View Quote

Thanks.  Too late though.  Already ordered the stuff.  In fact they already shipped it (now THAT was fast).  I don't think I'll have a problem with it but I would still love to see how you have your gun set up.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 6:12:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Try something small and low profile like a Dr Optics. It will sit much, much lower than an EoTech.
[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid63/p438be9d1a998b13ea86d14c9ebfb1bc9/fc129810.jpg[/img]

Mr Wilson, that picture is awesome!!! Where is it from? ARMS www site?
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 7:29:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Try something small and low profile like a Dr Optics. It will sit much, much lower than an EoTech.
View Quote

Good idea, but I alread own an Eotech.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 2:49:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Mr Wilson, that picture is awesome!!! Where is it from? ARMS www site?
View Quote

Yes, [url]http://www.armsmounts.com/new.html[/url], just scoll down a bit.

Mike
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 5:03:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Sorry about not posting the pics yet. Some personal issues came up and I'm just getting back to schedule. I'll post them tonight.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top