Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/16/2003 12:23:02 PM EDT
Looking for a short-med range scope for a AR-10T and also a 20" AR15.

I was intested in a fixed 6 or 10x scope.

I have no experience with IOR, they have a interesting product line. They prices are reasonable untill you get at 10x power or above.

How are they?
Stick with Leupold?

www.leupold.com/products/images/Green_Vert_Bar_ProdSpecs.gif

www.valdada.com/vn/ior/03c
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 2:56:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I had a IOR M2  6X
Others have said they really like this scope etc and I believe they do
It just wasnt for me..I dont care for the eyepiece..find it difficult (for me) to line the scope up quickly
I have had a number of 6X42 Leupies and I really like them (wish they came with an illuminated reticle but that adds wt)
The fixed power Lueps (even the 4xs are great scopes ..from a great company with a great record) and made in the USA
If that means anything to ya
I am about to purchase a Trijicon variable to put on a Volquartsen super lt wt 10/22 with a 16" whistle pig aluminum barrel....
I have never own a Trijicon variable but the BAC and Tritium and al. tube should give me nice varmint night time shooting while keeping it lt wt
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 3:03:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I have the 10x56MM beautiful glass...and BIG, VERY BIG.

And yes I would buy another.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 3:58:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I sure love my M2.
SorryOciffer
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 12:09:42 PM EDT
[#4]
I have the 6X Tactical with M8 reticle.  I also have a Leupold M1 and M3 and a Nightforce NXS.

The Nightforce has the brightest optics IMO.  It is an excellent scope but very heavy (56mm Objective).

The optics on the IOR are not quite as bright as the NXS, but they compare very favorably to the Leupold scopes.  The IOR lense does impart a slightly yellowish tinge to the image.

Overall I'm happy with the IOR so far.  The mounts I have for it need to be changed so I haven't shot a lot with it.

BTW, I planned on putting the scope on an AR-15 but now I think it's a little large for that application.  I think it would be a good scope for an AR-10 but for a 10T, I think I'd spend the extra 200 and get a Leupold.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top