Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/14/2003 10:08:52 PM EDT
I am woried about clearence of the front sight. I optimaly would like to keep my A2 removable carry handle with open sights, and be able to mount a scope when ever needed. Then be able to switch back and forth as needed with as little change to my zeros as possable. But the one thing I am concnerend about is the Armalite mount being able to clear my front sight that is fixed. And I do not plan on changing the front sight unless that is a last resort. But if I have to do that, then I would be changing a few other things along with the type of mount itself.

Does anyone know if the $89 Armalite mount will clear my fixed front sight or not?
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 11:05:16 AM EDT
Depends on your glass. If you have a low power/variable scope, I'm guessing you may see your front sight as a blur at low magnification below your crosshair, ie, 2-4x. Shouldn't be visible at all at higher magnification. The ArmaLite mount is a good mount. With my TA01 (4X), the front sight is a slight blur in the lower plane of the scope, but in no way interferes with function.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 9:27:45 PM EDT
Thankd for the tip. I had a chance to try my buddies today and it worked like a charm. Looks great, and is sturdy as hell. No interference from the front sight either. So I already ordered one today.
Top Top