Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/14/2003 10:08:52 PM EDT
I am woried about clearence of the front sight. I optimaly would like to keep my A2 removable carry handle with open sights, and be able to mount a scope when ever needed. Then be able to switch back and forth as needed with as little change to my zeros as possable. But the one thing I am concnerend about is the Armalite mount being able to clear my front sight that is fixed. And I do not plan on changing the front sight unless that is a last resort. But if I have to do that, then I would be changing a few other things along with the type of mount itself.

Does anyone know if the $89 Armalite mount will clear my fixed front sight or not?
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 11:05:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Depends on your glass. If you have a low power/variable scope, I'm guessing you may see your front sight as a blur at low magnification below your crosshair, ie, 2-4x. Shouldn't be visible at all at higher magnification. The ArmaLite mount is a good mount.

With my TA01 (4X), the front sight is a slight blur in the lower plane of the scope, but in no way interferes with function.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 9:27:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Thankd for the tip. I had a chance to try my buddies today and it worked like a charm. Looks great, and is sturdy as hell. No interference from the front sight either. So I already ordered one today.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top