Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/12/2003 1:13:28 AM EDT
As some may already know, Trijicon's manual offers little or no specific info/help in sighting-in the optic, so I'm on my own to sight-in the 3x24 ACOG(triangle ret.) to my 16" A2 carbine.

There was once a post here by a member that I found very useful --gave all the data and trajectories, recommended a 50m zero, but because of the limited <search> features on this site I can no longer find it.

I can probably figure it out on my own, but I'd be a fool to not ask the seasoned guys here first. Right?
Any helpful hints, tips and hard data are welcome.

T.I.A.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 5:04:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
There was once a post here by a member that I found very useful --gave all the data and trajectories, recommended a 50m zero, but because of the limited features on this site I can no longer find it.

T.I.A.
View Quote

Its tacked at the top of this forum- "The Big ACOG BDC Chart".

If you ask nicely, Bartholomew_Roberts would probably give you any other info you need.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 3:18:20 PM EDT
[#2]
If you're mounting it on a carry handle zeroing with the tip of the triangle at 50 yards will give you a usable trajectory to 300y.  The round will stay within 4" (close to 3.5") from muzzle to 300 yards or so with a 16" barrel.

The other option is to zero it at 75 yard.  It produces a rather flat trajecotry (with an inch or two) of the point of aim from 50 yards to 200 yards or so.

If your mounting with the flattop mount then the 50 yard zero is best (trajectory tables & charts can be found in the zeroing section at MD-AR15.com).
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 12:14:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys. 75yd zero looks even better to max out at 200yd since M193 out of a 16" barrel ceases to reliably fragment short of 200yd anyway.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 12:35:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
since M193 out of a 16" barrel ceases to reliably fragment short of 200yd anyway.
View Quote

To be precise, 140-150m !
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top