Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/9/2003 12:19:51 PM EDT
If I get one of the 42mm BSA red dots for just general plinking, will it be high enough to see through easily without using a riser of any type? This is roughly what my gun will look like.

http://www.olyarms.com/images/pcr16.jpg

There won't be a front sight to get in the way on this gun. I want to share duty between a red dot and a 4-12x44AO conventional scope. I'll probably ditch the whole red dot idea if it won't be mounted high enough, as I don't really want one badly enough to spend the cash on a red dot and a riser to mount it on. If I end up buying a riser to mount the conventional scope, I'd probably still buy a red dot, I guess.

Thanks for any info or experience you can provide.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 4:00:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I was wondering the same thing. I found a cheap 45mm red dot sight, and now I need a rifle to go with it.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 4:16:34 PM EDT
[#2]
I use an ATN Red Dot on my flattop.  It requires a low and tight cheek weld, as if there was a rear sight.  It 'co-witnesses' across the front sight.

I think the BSA would have about the same sight profile above the flattop.

FWIW, I have another reddot mounted to teh top of an A1 upper.  It gives a more relaxed 'head-up' sight picture, but both of the sight options work equally well.

TRG
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top