Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/7/2003 8:11:24 PM EDT
Does KAC make a set of sights for the G36 / SL8?
Is there another company that makes them?

I'm looking for a set (front and rear) of sights to mount to my flat top AR / AOW project.  I saw a pic here (somewhere, will try to locate) of someone's SL8 / G36.  It looked as if the sights were mounted (and removable) to the handle rail thing that Special Weapons makes for the SL8.

Any help would be appreciated.  If they are made I bet they are more money than the AOW project anyway...but I like the lower profile sights...in fact that is what I'm looking for.  Anybody know of a set of lower profile sights that goes on 1913 rails?

Really...thanks for any help.
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 8:28:32 PM EDT
[#1]
here is the pic i mentioned above.  I can't make it hot, but copy and paste should do it.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=162113&w=searchPop

My computer has been blowing gaskets all night, so i don't know if the email / IM thing is working, but i tried to email the guy that posted the pic.

thanks
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 10:19:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Knights armament makes a set of flip ups for the HK G36 which will also fit the SL8.  

[url]http://www.calssportingarmory.com/KnightsArmamentCoMWSAcc.htm[/url]

The front is a similar flip up as the KAC RAS flip sight for the AR system, and the rear is just a 600m sight with a rail adapter that fit on the lsot on the G36.  You can also mount the Aimpoint on the rear rail which come in long rail or short rail version.

Now what you are looking for is the
AR version, you can find them at the pages I linked or you can call Wes @[url]www.mstn.biz[/url] for the best and the fastest service and probably the most knowledgeable poerson to answer any and all of your questions.  
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 11:25:38 PM EDT
[#3]
The KAC sights for the SL8/G36 will ony fit the SL8/G36. If you are looking for sights for an AR-15 I also recommend Wes at MSTN. KAC does make flip up front and rear sights for the AR, but they run about $300 for the pair, and you'll need one of their rail systems for the front sight.

Steve.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top