Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/7/2003 11:09:12 AM EDT
Well it looks like I have pretty much settled on buying an IOR Valdada M2, looks like it will serve my needs, could be shorter and lighter but otherwise it is exactly what I am looking for in a 4X.

I want to mount this on a flattop with a QD one-piece mount of some sort, that will keep zero with repeated removing.  So far it looks like the ARMS #35 with medium high rings will give me the most flexibility.  One question though, are the medium height rings the right height rings to use?  I want to mount this roughly 1.45 to 1.5 inches off the flattop, measuring to the center of the optic.  Basically put it roughly the same height as the irons, maybe a bit higher.

I was also looking at an armalite one-piece mount, but wasn't sure they had one for 30mm tubes, would hold zero as well with repeated removing, and if the wider rings (fore-aft dimension) would fit between the diopter and zero knobs on the tube.

Are there any other options I am missing as far as a one-piece mounts go?  Any other insight would be appreciated, thanks.
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 4:03:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Go with the ARMS setup you described.  You wont be disappointed.  It is the perfect height in my opinion, and ARMS products are top notch.
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 8:08:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Hey glock63 thanks for the reply.  What type of scope do you have mounted in your setup?  Do you have a fixed front sight, and if so, does it show up as a shadow?  I will have a fixed front sight in front of mine, so I am a bit worried if it will show up.  Then again, maybe the question is moot, since I know the high rings would put the scope up too high based on the measurements of the rings themselves.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top