Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/5/2003 7:23:17 PM EDT
I am somewhat patiently waiting for my first AR to arrive, let's call it an A3 Bushy Disssipator with some mods.
It will be used for 3 gun matches and as a family trainer.
I am thinking of using the Benny Cooley adjustable handle mount that puts a red dot forward of the carry handle (yes I said I have an A3 due in). I would use a BSA or Tasco until I can get an EOtech.
The logic? I can use the co-witnessed dot when appropiate, remove the BC mount and use the irons for USPSA where I shoot Limited (iron sights). Or, when I feel a benefit, I could use a quick release mounted scope. Everything is modular and return to zero.
Open to suggestions and thanks in advance.
Tom
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 7:57:05 PM EDT
Sounds to me like you're all set to take full advantage of one of the ARs' best qualities; ie: versatility. Run with it!
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 3:26:42 PM EDT
Works for me too. You'll want to upgrade your scope before attempting to get too serious [:)] but most scopes will outshoot most shooters.
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 7:22:18 PM EDT
Thanks for the encouragement, ye gents of several thousand posts. After reading the thread " Two Minute Drill at Thunder Ranch", I realized one down side would be the extra weight with the carry handle and a forward mount. Hmm, hmm... is this why you all have so many AR's?
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 10:45:06 PM EDT
"Feel Free to Chime In On How Stupid This Idea Is" Now if only my supervisors at work ever asked us that question...
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 11:09:54 PM EDT
Originally Posted By tberg: Thanks for the encouragement, ye gents of several thousand posts. After reading the thread " Two Minute Drill at Thunder Ranch", I realized one down side would be the extra weight with the carry handle and a forward mount. Hmm, hmm... is this why you all have so many AR's?
View Quote
Yep... You can't stop at just one.
Top Top