Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/4/2003 7:28:41 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 5:12:02 AM EDT
[#1]
You have the optic down so low that it is almost impossible to use it. You need high rings when going direct off the receiver.
The scope is in the way of the charging handle, the strait line M16 stock doesn't allow such low mounting unless you lay the side of your head on the top of the stock, and have no cheek weld.
Jack
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 10:11:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 11:10:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Jack,

You're kidding right? How can you look at someone else's gun (that you don't know) and tell them it's not going to work for them or be comfortable? It's like he posted a picture of his shoes and you chimed in with "those will not fit you right". How the heck do you know what will/will not work for someone?

I guess it could have been worse…He could have bought a GG&G set-up, then you would have told him not only that it’s wrong, but that it’s inferior crap too… Do you work for ARMS? If so, FYI your insipid know-it-all approach to all things optic makes me want to use other product just to spite you.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 5:32:46 PM EDT
[#4]
You say I can't look at someone elses gun, and can't tell? I didn't realise  that this rifle is dif. than all the other AR15' types. It sure looks like the same measurments we are all familiar with. If you don't like my comment about the optic's ht., I realy don't give a damn, but since it was posted for comments, I gave it whether you like it or not!
Jack
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 6:06:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 6:24:07 PM EDT
[#6]
I'll also vote for the #22 TRC with the OKO.....

[img]http://home.triad.rr.com/gidds/geo98p3.png[/img]
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 8:39:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 9:17:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Profile......

[img]http://home.triad.rr.com/gidds/geo94p3.png[/img]
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 1:23:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Does anybody make a side extension for the charging handle to use in a situation like this?
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 4:21:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 2:00:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 5:26:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 7:35:53 PM EDT
[#13]
The #22 rings have been used in a lot of matches that have won, and are used on the military's SPR's and other gov't weapons. Like anything I use, I check out everything from the weapon up when I get it, to make sure that something hasn'ty been overlooked. I havn't had anything but good results with my #22's in any of the ht's. I tried to pull one low ring apart for a laser mounting project and found out that they are press fitted and couldn't get the saddle out easily even after driving the roll pin out, so the rings are also held in by a tight dovetail fit, not a roll pin. Split roll pins don't work them selfs out, that's why they are in many weapons. To ban anything just because some dummy on a production line forgot an easy to spot part isn't the best thing to do. Just check all the gear, from sling to ammo, muzzle to butt and everything in between.
Goodf shootin, Jack
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 8:12:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 9:50:36 AM EDT
[#15]
If it's any consolation, a buddy of mine had a Leupold QRW ring break on him a couple weeks ago. The pin or screw that attaches the QR lever snapped, rendering the ring useless. He returned to the shop where he bought the rings and exchanged them for Burris Z-rings instead. They're not QR, but seem to be much sturdier.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top