Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/1/2003 7:54:28 AM EDT
I have found many positive comments on the ARMS 40, but no info on the Bushmaster. I am mounting an EOTech on a Bushmaster A3 carbine.

Thanks
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 8:32:51 AM EDT
I got one and like it. Looking through the Hakko red dot,it co-witnesses with my front sight.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 11:42:09 AM EDT
I've got one on an A3 Bushmaster with an EOTech 552. As far as I can tell, it's repeatable and sturdy. Buy it and enjoy your EOTech. You should be able to co-witness with no problems.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 11:46:30 AM EDT
Originally Posted By KirkMo: I have found many positive comments on the ARMS 40
View Quote
We're onto something [;)]
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 4:20:10 PM EDT
Any pics, of site folded dowm ?
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 4:33:17 PM EDT
Simply put, the Bushmaster sight has nothing to offer over something like the #40 or most any other sight. In my opinion it has inferior attatchments, the lock/release button is somewhat small and inaccessible when compared to the release lever of the #40. The fact that it locks up is an issue into itself when compared to the spring action of the #40. In contrast, the #40 has a lot to offer over many others, including the fact that it is nearly the same price as the Bushmaster and much less than many others. I think the reason you dont hear much about the Bushmaster sight is that so few people have them when there are so many other superior options available. Its not really so much that the Bushmaster flip up sucks, its just not as good as most others.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 10:00:46 PM EDT
I got one for a pretty good deal. It works just fine. If I would have had the money I would have got the 40. Today I dropped my AR (on carpet)right smack on the bushmaster sight, ouch, it was about a 2 foot drop and the sight was in the up position. The sight wasn't damaged in anyway. I like it, I'll keep it, but my next one will be an ARMs.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 10:11:56 PM EDT
I got to look at BM's front and rear flip up sights at the last fun show. They dont have a spring action and once deployed they have just a little wiggle play to them....I dont like that in something I'm gonna pay top dollar for. For $25 more you can get the #40.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 11:09:19 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 11:33:19 PM EDT
i was going to get the BM one, but thankfully go tthe ARMS 40. I wear gloves when using the ar (at work anyway) and the 40 is easy to put up with gloved hands...i don't know about the BM sight, though. BTW the ARMS 40 works excellent w/ my EOtech.
Top Top