Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/30/2003 9:36:14 PM EDT
wont break the bank
Ok I just got an EoTech 551 NV. What is the MOA of that inner dot and outer dot? What NV devices are out there that wont kill my pocket that will work behind this unit.

Now on another note. For longer distances I am looking for a scope with some magnification. The ranges I got to max out at 300 yards and Im looking for a decent rangefinding scope for my Bushmaster Flat top. something that wont lose zero if I dismount it.
Scopes are not something I know much about hence why I ask.
Recommendations thoughts threats etc
thanks for your help
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 12:16:59 AM EDT
[#1]
To answer you EOTech questions, the outer circle is 65MOA and the inner dot is 1 MOA.

The new 551 will work with all NV device out there.  within the NV mode, you have eight setting toi adjust to your NV output.

As far as the long range scope, how much do you want to spend??  you can get a range finding reticle scope by Springfield armory, although I am not very particular on this line of low price scopes.  you also have choice such as the Mil-dot Leupold, and also Trijicon ACOG with build in BDC.  the most important part is the price range you are seeking.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 4:18:14 PM EDT
[#2]
I got a question for you.  Can you mount your EOTech on, say a KAC RAS rail in front of the carry handle and be able to use it?
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 7:04:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes, you can.

The rail on the RAS is on the same plain as the upper receiver.  the EOTech will work perfectly on the RAS top rail.

One thing you might want to look at when mounting to RAS, the RAS is not as a solid platform as said a receiver rail or an extended SWAM rail.  you might have some difference point of impact when engagin targets out pass 200 yards.  if you mainly shoot CQB to about 100 yard, this will work fine.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top