Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 5/22/2003 6:09:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/22/2003 10:30:30 PM EDT by Boom_Stick]
I would guess that the 1moa dot is more accurate because it does not obscure the target as much as the 4moa dot. True?
Also, does the 6 o'clock tick mark on the outer ring help with long range [hold over] shots?
Has anyone done calculations for range and bullet weight for that 6 o'clock tick?

Link Posted: 5/23/2003 7:48:46 AM EDT
At medium to long range your using hold over so both are equally bad at that. Your not using the reticle
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 8:33:48 AM EDT
At mid range, it is better the Aimpoint, the 1MOA dot defines a finer point of aim then the 4MOA dot. at 300 yards, I usually aim at the head and make chest hits all day long. a head size target at 300 yards is pretty small, it helps to have a finer dot. As far as long range, DevL is absolutely correct, at that point, you are so far off the reticle, you basically do hold overs to make a shot. I have some EOTech reticle pattern that hold some promising features. I will try to scan it and post it for you. Using the laser projection technology, EOTech can actually create a multiple object reticle and still hold absolute parallex free. using this technology, EOTech designer can design a reticle with BDC which will assist in long range aiming, or incorprate a M203 reticle to it.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 9:00:39 AM EDT
Similar thread, w/ long range answer.....[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=18&t=160670&w=myTopicPop[/url] Mike
Top Top